What's new

Powdered Kava Review Fu'u Kava

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
$60 for Kava? What a rip off...or so I thought. I couldn't fathom why folks would pay such a premium for a LB of kava. Now I realize there is a reason and whIle I still won't be purchasing such a pricey kava as my staple....I can glimpse why some might.

This kava is light colored and SMELLS LIKE CINNAMON! I kid you not there is almost a Christmas undertone to the scent and flavor. Don't let this mislead you as you are most definitely drinking kava and can taste what that entails, however this stuff is much much MUCH more forgiving in terms of taste.

As for effects this is my first dominant psychological Kava. It's incredibly clear headed which was cool to experience. Unless you are taking a very high dose there isn't much sedation at all. It almost like you are sobriety as a drug. I can't explain it but it's definitely in it's own class. Almost like an entirely different plant.

Forget sleep by the way with this one. All and all its still way to high price wise for a man in my budget. But a half pound is definitely a solid purchase just to see what it offers.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Great review! I know it's expensive, and I hate that. The Tongan kava prices have gotten out of hand. Try the 'Eua next time. It's similar in effects and a little cheaper.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Great review! I know it's expensive, and I hate that. The Tongan kava prices have gotten out of hand. Try the 'Eua next time. It's similar in effects and a little cheaper.
I love your Eua' @Bula Kava House . I'd love to review it but I haven't seen a product profile. Can you update that so we can give it kind words?

It's a great social kava. I find that it gives me a short term boost of confidence in otherwise uncomfortable social settings.