Change background image

Featured Forum News General Price Thread & Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by Kapmcrunk, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

I'm working on keeping a spreadsheet of all of the current prices of today's kava powders.

Google Drive Price Spreadsheet

Vendors: Please send me a conversation message with your gmail address, and I'll add you to be able to update your own section of the spreadsheet if you would like.

*Updated 11/13/2018
    • Updated all pricing and availability.
    Updated 10/9/2018
    • Checked and updated all prices.
    • New vendor FijiFreshKava :)
    Updated 09/30/2018 and 10/1/2018
    • Updated all prices.
    • Added FijiFreshKava to list

Updated 09/17/2018
    • Fresh update for you.

Updated 09/07/2018
    • Got em' updated. Enjoy the weekend!

Updated 08/29/2018
    • Updated all pricing and availability. We made it half the week!

Updated 08/23/2018
    • Decided to get in here and update pricing and availability before the end of the week.
    • Nothing big to report other than The Kava Roots website is currently down with a "We'll be back soon" sign. They're back.
    Updated 08/17/2018
    • General price/availability update
    Updated 07/31/2018
    • Updated prices & availability
    • See end of thread for notes
    Updated 07/25/2018
    • Updated prices and availability.
    Updated 07/18/2018
    • Mid-week update. See end of thread for updates.
    Updated 07/13/2018
    • Updated all pricing.
    • Happy Friday the 13th!
    *Updated 07/06/2018
    • Updated all prices and availability. Enjoy!
    *Updated 06/29/2018
    • Updated all prices. Bula, rootheads!
    *Updated 06/15/2018
    • Updated all prices. Have a good weekend, kava lovers :)
    *Updated 06/08/2018
    • Updated all prices. Added some updates in the thread. Bula!
    *Updated 06/01/2018
    • Updated all pricing. Enjoy your weekend!
    *Updated 05/25/2018
    • Updated all pricing. Updated availability for some vendors who were out of stock currently on some offerings. No significant changes. Have a great holiday weekend!
    *Updated 05/21/2018
    • All prices updated. Tongan family reserve back in stock.
    *Updated 05/18/2018
    • Checked prices, and made some adjustments. From now on I'll be reporting simple price checks here, and if more information is needed I'll post an update to this thread including what I've changed.
    *Updated 05/11/2018
    • Checked and updated all prices.
    *Updated 05/09/2018
    • Added MeloMelo to BKH & updated Tavenui price.
    • Checked prices on all kavas.
    • Updated a few prices on GHK.
    *Updated 05/07/2018
    • Added field for date that the prices were checked for each vendor
    • Added various notes to vendors
    • 100% checked prices on every vendor
    *Updated 05/04/2018
    • Added notes to KWK RE: Cryptocurrencies
    *Updated 05/03/2018
    • Added kava king
    • added myjadesa
    *Updated 05/02/2018
    • Added notes
    • Added shipping methods
    • Added general shipping times
    *Updated 05/01/2018
    • Added Kava Vinaka, and more discount codes.
    • Added Realkava/Kava Kauai
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  2. nickbroken

nickbroken Kava Enthusiast

Hmmm might have to give cactus kava a try.
  3. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Kava Expert Kava Vendor

It all looks good until you factor in the shipping cost. My shipping in the USA is free. This fact makes the prices seem a bit un real or not true. You should factor in the shipping if you truly want to get the "General Price of Kava" Edit-- 4-5-2019 Because of the USPS raising their price so many times over the years and their most recent one was a sizeable one, I had to start charging shipping.
    Aloha.

Chris
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    DrJknows, 2104dawn, nashfire and 8 others like this.
  4. ___

___ Member

In the past I found cactus kava to not be very potent. It was still good for what it is though, just not necessary a good value for your dollars. Ultimately it was still kava and didn't make me sick, so there's not really anything wrong with it.

But you don't include bulk discounts right? [Edit: I mean it would be weird if you did, given your concern with kava bars buying up all your stock with bulk purchases.] With some other vendors you can buy in bulk to save money on the shipping, which brings the effective price significantly below the cost of 1lb + shipping. There's not really a simple way to give the "true value" in a single number.

The free shipping is definitely worth mentioning on the chart though and it looks like that's been added if it wasn't there before.
    Krunʞy likes this.
  5. Kapmcrunk

Good call. I'm in the process now of adding whether shipping is included for each vendor.

You can watch me edit it live via that link.
  6. Kapmcrunk

Agreed on that. It will still rely on the individual reading the chart to research shipping rates, as they change. I'm going to do my best to continue to keep up with these prices so we can have an ongoing list. Vendors please correct me where I'm off, or I can set the doc to allow you to edit your own section if you'd like.
  7. ___

___ Member

Uhuh, and the shipping is going to be a bit different for everyone since we're in different locations. It's still a cool chart though. Going through the various reviews, looking up prices, etc can take a very long time so this simplifies a step.
    Enwoueï likes this.
  8. tarragon

tarragon Member

Yes!!! Thank you Chris for the free shipping. And thank you for preserving the unique and wonderful Hawaiian kavas and making them available to us. And thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, and thank you for giving people jobs. And thank you for taking such great care in making excellent micronized kava with makas expertly removed. You serve a Noble cause.Much respect.
    Gourmet Hawaiian Kava likes this.
  9. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

You are so very welcome. This is my life and it is what I do. It can only get better. (y)
    Aloha nui loa.

Chris
    kastom_lif and tarragon like this.
  10. Kapmcrunk

Added Quantity discounts* for purchase of 2 lbs. Also, added field for coupon codes.

*Listed discounts on their website. Any bulk discounts over two lbs please contact the vendor directly, as they may have a volume discount.
    violet likes this.
  11. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

I was very satisfied with the service and the root I have bought from cactus. I especially like the malolo.
  12. Krunʞy

Krunʞy Admin

With all due respect, every other vendor uses USPS Priority 2 day shipping while you ship First class mail which tends to take twice as long to get anywhere. But yeah it's free. I'd prefer to pay for Priority and get it 3-4 days earlier.
  13. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

I use first class for small orders but Priority mail for over 80% of my orders. "Both are FREE" I think a bit of a wait, because I live in the middle of the Pacific ocean, is worth the wait for Farm Fresh kava that is grown and made in the USA. (y)
    Aloha.

Chris
    Harpo and Zac Imiola (Herbalist) like this.
  14. Krunʞy

Krunʞy Admin

That's odd, I've asked you about priority mail via PM and I don't recall you telling me that. But wonderful, good to know.
    SiX likes this.
  15. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

I don't recall either but I have always done it this way since I started Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. And always free shipping in the USA. Aloha.

Chris
  16. Krunʞy

Krunʞy Admin

What amount of kava qualifies for Priority shipping?
  17. HeadHodge

HeadHodge Kneads Kava

Just keep the shipping rates quoted a single common location and everyone can adjust their location to it. Kinda like GMT is to timezones.
  18. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

Last time I got GHK it was six pounds in a Priority Mail box. Got 4 more pounds coming just today. Whichever way it comes, if's gonna be coming on island time. No big deal either way.
  19. recentreturn

recentreturn Kava Enthusiast

After checking my trash bin I can confirm that my recent GHK package was USPS Priority 3 day. I can also confirm that I ordered kava from 3 different vendors on the same day (two of which ship from the lower 48) and got all three orders on the same day.
    Gourmet Hawaiian Kava likes this.
  20. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

Drink enough Hawaiian ʻawa and you will discover the magical seventh kavalactone. The ancient Hawaiians valued its ability to cause a state known as ainokea.
    violet and Gourmet Hawaiian Kava like this.