What's new

Getting no effects from kava.

Fred G.

I am new to kava. A few days ago I tried Samoa Ava. I got outstanding effects from the first batch, but nothing from the second. I mixed 4 teaspoons with 8 oz of grapefruit juice and stirred in a blender 4 4 minutes. Yesterday, I tried micronized Puono Ono. I tried two batches and got no results. Today I repeated and got no results. Can anyone help me out here?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I am new to kava. A few days ago I tried Samoa Ava. I got outstanding effects from the first batch, but nothing from the second. I mixed 4 teaspoons with 8 oz of grapefruit juice and stirred in a blender 4 4 minutes. Yesterday, I tried micronized Puono Ono. I tried two batches and got no results. Today I repeated and got no results. Can anyone help me out here?

Search the threads regarding reverse tolerance. It is possible that different kavalactones respond differently when new. Moreover, I've never tried Puoni Ono, but I recall comments that the more recent batches have not been particularly potent. Maybe other Puoni Ono drinkers can chime in.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Did you drink grapefruit juice with the last batch?

Fred G.

Yes I used grapefruit juice with the Pouni Ono. I am very familiar with that reverse tolerance.