Change background image

Powdered Kava Review GHK Awa Mahakea

Discussion in 'Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Product Reviews' started by KavaOkie, Jul 22, 2018.

1. KavaOkie

KavaOkie Member

GHK Awa Mahakea where have you been my whole life. IMO, this is the best Kava I have had to date. Smooth, Heady, Strong, Long-Lasting, the adjectives go on and on! Had immediate effects from the first drink and was surprised how it took over quickly and settled in my body nicely to hang out. I did find my mind running a bit when I went to sleep, but I did not get the “jitters” like I did with Kava Supreme. Out of everything I have tried up to this point on all levels this is the best. Smooth flavor, only slightly milky just a nice level not overly saturated. Will definitely be ordering more of this stuff!
  2. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Kava Expert Kava Vendor

I am real happy to hear that you like my Mahakea. It is some real good stuff and a lot of others like it too. Enjoy the kava, aloha.

Chris
    JohnMichael likes this.
  3. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

It’s really an amazing kava. Yet another GHK bag I went through too fast. One thing I noticed is that as I kept shelling the heavyer effects became more pronounced. That made it useful and easy to gauge how much of it I could drink depending on my goals at the moment.
    Gourmet Hawaiian Kava likes this.
  4. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

Just thoroughly excellent kava, especially as a go-to kava or an "everyday is special" kava. I'm so glad Chris gave us those two recent deals on it. Also, it's perfect for serving when guests are over, it's classy good stuff. And for when you can't make up your mind about what to make, Mahakea is always a right choice.
  5. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

100% this^

Everyone should try his Mahakea. Seriously one of the consistently best kavas on the market. Easily my favorite "middle of the road" kava. Not excessively heady or heavy. Just right.
  6. BigLew808

BigLew808 New Member

Is the GHK kava readily available for purchase on Oahu? I’m new to the kava scene and would prefer to try the Hawaiian Awa versus buying kava from the “Polynesian” local stores
  7. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

GHK is off of the big island near Kurtistown, and I believe he only sells through his website.

If you're in his area, I'd suggest sending him a message to confirm that.

http://kavaforums.com/forum/conversations/add?to=Gourmet Hawaiian Kava&title=GHK+Awa+Mahakea

Welcome, by the way :)
  8. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Kava Expert Kava Vendor

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry but I do not sell to stores, you can only get my great Hawaiian 'Awa from my website or your welcome to stop by and pick some up. If your on a different Island I can send it to you, it only takes about 2 days to get to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions, aloha.

Chris
  9. JohnMichael

JohnMichael Member

Just ordered from your website and look forward to trying the Mahakea. Thanks.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava likes this.
  10. BigLew808

BigLew808 New Member

Hi Chris, where are you located at?
  11. BigLew808

BigLew808 New Member

12. BigLew808

BigLew808 New Member

Are there any local kava growers on the island of Oahu?