What's new

ghk micro vs instant

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
Hello all. So far I ave been enjoying my sample pack of ghk micro. i love the moi during the day and a small dose of nene about an hour before bed. im not a huge fan of the makakea yet but it still delivers. yesterday i had too much makakea and hated the way i felt. i had trouble walking strait and felt like if i were to lay down i would get the spins and throw up. i was hoping more would lead to a better heady feeling while still being able to maintain normal functions and instead i felt awful though it went away after a couple of hours.

anyway i was wondering if the instant provides and upside or drawbacks in comparison to the micro or if it is simply personal preference. things im curious about are how long one supply might last you vs the other, taste difference, dose comparison, and overall effect comparison. thanks guys!

JKraft

Kava Curious
How many grams of makakea did you have? I just got some in the mail today and want to make sure I overdo it.

JKraft

Kava Curious
Chris at GHK told me: To me the micro and instant are about the same strength but some have told me that they feel the instant is stronger.

tonyd

Kava Curious
I had the same problem with the mahakea even at small amounts. It makes me dizzy, nauseous, and with brain fog if I take even a little to much. I have to mix small amounts of it with the nene and it is ok. It was much different from what I had expected but not in a good way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

I always thought the Micronized was stronger but it may be a case of self fulfilling prophecy. The Mahakea is a more sedating kava for sure. If you don't like it, then stick with the heady kavas like Mo'i. I used to do Mahakea on weekend nights and I still have some. But I also have Papa Kea and Hanapaki Ai' so the top of my weekend batting lineup is filled with sluggers.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Micronized definitely feels more potent. I normally use the same amount of Tbsp of each but I feel much more effect from the micro. The instants seem to taste a bit better but as far as cost, you get a lot more usage out of the micro for the same price. I usually try to keep some of each on hand. I use the instant when I am out doing things, working, etc. I use the micro when I want to get maximum effects, sleep, etc.

Also, the Mahakea micro is pretty potent. I've never had a really negative experience with it but it's much easier to overdo than Nene or Moi. Nene is gentle for the most part but some people get a lot of sedation from it. As far as daytime is concerned, Moi is really hard to beat.

How many of Tbsp of the micro are you using and in what amount of time?

Smoi

SKOL
Hey hey!...New to the forum..Just wanna say im loving moi instant..,But I also wanted get some ghk micro....Is nene good?...Thoughts?......How bout....are most people just mixing the micro with water ..etc?...Or prepping it?...Does it affect anyones gut more than instant?

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
Micronized definitely feels more potent. I normally use the same amount of Tbsp of each but I feel much more effect from the micro. The instants seem to taste a bit better but as far as cost, you get a lot more usage out of the micro for the same price. I usually try to keep some of each on hand. I use the instant when I am out doing things, working, etc. I use the micro when I want to get maximum effects, sleep, etc.

Also, the Mahakea micro is pretty potent. I've never had a really negative experience with it but it's much easier to overdo than Nene or Moi. Nene is gentle for the most part but some people get a lot of sedation from it. As far as daytime is concerned, Moi is really hard to beat.

How many of Tbsp of the micro are you using and in what amount of time?
it depends how much i use based on what i am doing and how i feel it is hitting me. generally speaking though a drink for me would contain 2 teaspoons of micro. my main mistake i made the other day i believe has to do with not spacing my drinks far enough apart. usually the micro hits me pretty fast but this particular day it creeped instead. my 10-15 minute spacing of drinks was too short.

Casper

Kava Curious
In my experimentation, I find that 2 teaspoons on micro equals the effects of 5 heaping tablespoons into 16oz water/silk grog.
I've tried increasing the amount into the grog, however didn't notice any increase in potency, only more work straining. Almost like it caps out at the max potency.
I also like how micro is quick and convenient. Glass/tsp/water... done.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Woops. Did I do too much cos I'm still learning here. Yesterday made 2 cups water to 1/4 cup micro Mo'i from GHK. I'm a definite lightweight and those two cups lasted me until today. Felt pretty darn good to me - anxiety lessened considerably and it's been one helluva week. Even managed to go on a 10 mile bike ride both days.

Gotta try a little of the Nene for sleep because I did not sleep well last night.

And I'm not getting on well with the instant makahea from KBH. Very dry sore eyes, and not much anxiety relief as compared to Mo'i. I've tried the makahea a few times too.