What's new

Kava Poll GHK out of business?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I just wanted to do a poll to see how many of you would like to see GHK stay in business or to retire and go out of business. I will not go out of business but I was thinking of going on vacation and I would shut down my site for a few weeks. I will give plenty of heads up if I do that so that you can all order the kava you might want while I am on vacation. But please vote, I am curious to see how many would want me to stay in business and how many would like me to go out of business.
Maybe I should have done this poll on Friday but I figured I would do it now.
Aloha nui loa to all you kava lovers out there.

Chris

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Certainly we all would love for you to stay and keep cranking out the kava, but everyone deserves a vacation. If you gave enough advanced warning and it was only 3-4 weeks I am sure we could survive. You don't have any close friends or relatives who could help during the downtime?

I am curious what a Hawaiian resident does for vacation....since everyone on the mainland just wants to go to Hawaii for vacation.(y) Been almost 15 years since I took a vacation there and I dream about going back at least once a week!

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
I vote for you to stay in business, but of course you need to do what's best for you, and all good things come to an end. I wonder like Zaphod said if there's anyone you could pass the torch to? There must be some aspiring kava farmers on the island who would jump at the chance to inherit your legacy.

Jerome

Kava Lover
That's a funny way of wording it @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava . "How many people would like to see me go out of business?"

That sounds ominous and not at all like a vacation.

That's funny @Zaphod , we say the same thing in coastal Florida. Why would I go on vacation when I'm minutes from some of the most gorgeous beaches in the mainland united states?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Please don't go out of buisness completley Chris ... that's just not fair ;) .
A vacation is more like it !!!

I really got scared when I read this post... that's not funny! Lol.

I planned on buying from ya most of my life. If you didn't grow my favorite kava id be more okay but seriously I don't buy from anywhere else very much . Only to explore and then I come back home to GHK. please no!!'

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
GHK is the only kava I buy. It has completely changed my life and helped me overcome addiction.
I don't know if it's the only kava I can buy but I 100% agree with the second part of what you said. It did the same for me. Chris, whatever choice you make in the future (I know this is about vacation but I mean if you decide to retire), you should know that your kava has really changed people's lives for the better, in a huge way, where nothing else did what your kava can do. You should definitely be proud of that and know you've made a huge impact for a good number of people. :)

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
"how many of you would like to see GHK stay in business or to retire and go out of business. I will not go out of business"

Kind of confusing. And why would anybody WANT you to go out of business?

PS-dont go out of business

Last edited:

GussWest

Kava Enthusiast
Don't go out of business.
Do take a long vacation.

Post here and on your website that you will be taking a break and there will be no shipping of orders from dates X-Y. Make it a banner that shows up on every GHK webpage.

In many parts of the world it is common for businesses to close for an entire month during the summer.
Although, I agree with the sentiment, "where does a Hawaiian go for vacation?". Answer: their back yard!

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Chris -- Yes, *please* don't go out of business. Your products are outstanding,
not to mention your service. Second to none, IMHO.

If you do take an extended vacation (and you should!) there's gotta be somebody you can trust to
mind the store for you!!! I'd volunteer myself if I could...

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.
Seriously, Chris, please don't go out of business. Your kava is outstanding, not to mention all you've done for the kava community. If you need an extended vacation or sabbatical by all means do so. We all need to decompress every now and then. You have to do what is best for you and your family.
But please stay around if you possibly can afterwards.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
That was most definitely not what I wanted to read for someone already jet-lagged and having to go to Knotts Berry Farm with two rambunctious grandchildren! Yes by all means, take an extended vacation, recharge, enjoy kava without having to worry about growing and selling it. But just for a while, please. Give us fair warning and take off for as long as you need. But please please please come back! Please?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity