What's new

Kava Poll GHK out of business?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Is this a joke? cuz I'm not laughing. What kind of twisted anti-kava monster would want GHK to go out of business? "shudders*
Nothing wrong with a vacation. But I really wouldn't know where else to buy kava that goes so well on my body. I'd have to cut wwaaaay back with any other vendor

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I'll add this to support GHK- NOT to "go out of business" , Chris is the only one anywhere (if I'm wrong I'll apologize) who is really doing it right-- he provides the cultivar names, has kava/'awa history at his website with documentation to back it all up. Plus, he is also the Farmer! I'll add - at the International Kava Conference last year in Honolulu, part of the GHK presentation was to urge others here in Hawaii to grow 'awa and start their own business-- there is room for more. So far, no Hawaii farmer has taken this advice that I am aware of.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yes I did and I must say it's the most muscle relaxing kava I have tried .. the only other kavas that truly couch locked me this much is hiwa and hanakapi but mainly hiwa. My whole body was slightly vibrating and each muscle just dropped ... now I'm oddly feeling slightly krunk without much notice per se . So this is a slow drinker .

Abbas

Kava Curious
Yes I did and I must say it's the most muscle relaxing kava I have tried .. the only other kavas that truly couch locked me this much is hiwa and hanakapi but mainly hiwa. My whole body was slightly vibrating and each muscle just dropped ... now I'm oddly feeling slightly krunk without much notice per se . So this is a slow drinker .
so boroguru gets me in the couch lock position. How does this one compare?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Id say definitley stronger in that department. I used alot ( 12 teaspoons cuz i couldnt find a tablespoon.) into probraly 5 or 6 shells worth of water. I had 1 shell felt amazing, body vibrating to relax, general contemplative mood, enjoyable feeling to it, then i had a half shell and it rocked my boat and i started to get krunk.. i have an extremely empty stomach right now tho and not enough water. lol.. so krunk feeling went away after some water, and i had another half shell... i dont recoomend this kava before or during work unless its like the end of it lol.

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
I'm off the forum for 45 days and i come back to this?!?! Of course you need a vacation, It's lonely at the top.... it would be a sad day for the kava industury/world if you stepped out. Since trying your mahakea i don't want any other kind of kava ever again. Good thing i ordered some today. But we also cant have you over worked and burnt out by all means kick up your boots just give your beloved customers a big heads up do we can stock up like it's dooms day.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
First of all let me tell you all that I am NOT going out of business, I wanted everyone to see the impact of GHK. When I started this business I did it right after my Dad passed away. I sold my logging business and website (Koa Wood Hawaii dot com) to devote everything to my 'Awa. I could see the need for known noble kava and for consistent quality kava. I would read stories (not very much on this forum) about peoples experience with kava and how it was a bad one, most likely because of the quality and or variety of kava and it being just plain junk kava. Let me say that there are a lot of good quality sellers that sell great kava, most if not all are on this site. :)
But there are a lot even more that sell low quality or even questionable kava that would give the user the idea that kava is nothing or even that kava is bad.
I am so glad that I have helped so many people with my kava, I here it here on the forums and I get emails too. I want to thank you all for you support, it is all of you that make GHK what it is today.
I can say that GHK will be around for a long long time. My daughter who was with me when I gave my presentation at the 2015 International Kava Conference, and knows a lot about kava as well, will be taking over the family business later when the time comes but that is far away. :happy:
Thank you all again for your support and keep letting me know about your success with kava.
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

P.S. A vacation is in the works but that is a while off and I will give warning too.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Certainly we all would love for you to stay and keep cranking out the kava, but everyone deserves a vacation. If you gave enough advanced warning and it was only 3-4 weeks I am sure we could survive. You don't have any close friends or relatives who could help during the downtime?

I am curious what a Hawaiian resident does for vacation....since everyone on the mainland just wants to go to Hawaii for vacation.(y) Been almost 15 years since I took a vacation there and I dream about going back at least once a week!
When I do go on vacation, the orders will still be filled my my family and workers. When us Hawaiians go on vacation, we go to Hawaii, just a different Island. :D I have to say that New Zealand keeps calling me. ;)

Chris

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
When I do go on my vacation I will return. I do miss the other vendor, I would love to get some more of his paste.:hungry:
Aloha.

Chris
Great to read you are committed to staying in the business and that your daughter is also a passioante about kava. :)
You have made a huge difference in the kava world and in the lives of so many people here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and for your kava with us :)

Re co2 paste: are you still thinking about producing it? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you did write about being potentially interested in doing it it a few months ago?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Great to read you are committed to staying in the business and that your daughter is also a passioante about kava. :)
You have made a huge difference in the kava world and in the lives of so many people here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and for your kava with us :)

Re co2 paste: are you still thinking about producing it? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you did write about being potentially interested in doing it it a few months ago?
Yes I am still looking into the paste. I can do a should be able to do a sample run in the next few months. Do I have any volunteers???:hungry:
Aloha.

Chris

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I volunteer. And please Chris, just a vacation. I don't think we could live without you around here.