What's new

Going for longest krunk record

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
As many of you know, I have a shitload of kava on hand, so, considering that, I am going to try and stay krunk as long as possible, slightly krunk at work, so I can function, and super krunk at home. So far, I'm on day two of being krunk. Love not having anxiety/depression. Tolerance has gone way the fuck down too. 10-12tbsp used to get me krunk, now 4 does the trick.

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
maybe you'll hit a point where u don't need kava, you'll just always b krunk no matter what

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
^^Permakrunk!

I could never do this...a few hours in and I'm either nauseated or I need to sleep.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Pretty sure I haven't reached Krunk level with kava yet. Gone through a few pounds already of regular drinking but guess I just haven't made a strong enough batch or kept at a session long enough. Usually I get to a nice place and hunger wins out so i make some food and stop drinking. I do find that since dropping coffee/caffeine it seems like the kava effect is more noticeable.

Just made a stronger batch, emptied a couple tbsp. of what's left of Melo Melo into a half cup of N@H Solomon's, then added another half cup of a BKH Waka and Rex's Tongan to about 4 cups of water. Made a heated water batch so just letting that sit for a few more minutes then taking the rolling pin to it! Going for an extended session tonight.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Drinking wow right now. I'm an engineer and the fucking cool thing about kava is it doesn't fuck up your thinking abilities so I can be krunk and still do my job. I already have dermopathy btw, it's really not that bad, just unsightly. So far today I have consumed 16tbsp of kava. Feels goodman.jpg

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Given the half-life of kavalactones, and the amount I consume on a daily basis, I would venture to guess my body has forgotten what it feels like to be completely sober. And thank goodness, because sobriety is a chronic condition that can't be cured - it can only be cast into remission with consistent bouts of substance usage. (It's true! If you don't do anything about it, you will DIE sober!) Hehe.

Cheers!
Iahi/Andrew

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Following this^

Always wanted to try a permakrunk life, but just can't find time to knead all that kava and wouldn't want to have to explain my thermos of lip-numbing pond water.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Man, I might be alone but a perma-krunk doesn't actually sound that desirable to me. Either way, good luck!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've thought about doing kava all day one day. It seems like it'd be fun. But I'm pretty sure day 2-3 of waking up to a big fresh stinky batch of kava would have me puking. Good luck.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
^ I'm with you there. The thought of drinking in the morning makes my stomach turn. I like my evening ritual. I just hit it pretty hard in the PM. I don't feel any the next day, which I like. But I was saying with the half-life... I"m sure some of the molecules are floating around in my kavalactone system somewhere. It is about time I give it all a break though. But it is hard to give a break to your breaks!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
When I first started drinking kava I drank in the morning and at night. Kava is funny in this regard. It'll be great and you'll be all relaxed all day, and then at some point drinking it during the day will become not as appealing and you'll adjust your schedule. It says volumes about kava's ability to regulate itself. I have an addictive personality, and for me to say...."you know what...I think I'll skip the kava" is a revelation. So drink up, listen to the kava and let it guide you to the best schedule.

D

Deleted User01

Today I started at 6:45 (melo melo) just because its Monday. I had to take more at 11:00, coffee at 1:00, help my son move(ouch), and more Kava right now (3:22). It's a balancing game because you can wear out quickly if you don't redose at just the right time. Anyway, it's downhill from here. Oh, and I will finish the afternoon with WOW for some serious couch potato relaxation later tonight. Seriously, the more sane approach is to start at 2:00pm (like Deleted User) but today I wasn't taking anything seriously.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
It's a balancing game because you can wear out quickly if you don't redose at just the right time.
Yeah, this to me is the key to and problem with day drinking in general. I've drunk kava in the morning, but, unless I continuously drink more, there are gonna be those long, bleary, red-eyed, washed-out stretches of daylight to contend with.

A lot of it of course has to do with my body's schedule (or whatever - I'm just not a morning person) and chemistry, but somehow when I drink in the evening the "coming down" part feels a lot more comfortable.