What's new

Going to try some fu'u tonight

Whitewater

Kava Curious
I'll be trying some fu'u tonight. I'm excited. I also bought one of those Fijian strainer bags. I have been using some cheesecloth, but it's not very fine mesh so I was doubling up the layers. It still left a lot of sediment in.

Which got me thinking. Dr. Lebot says that aqueous kava solutions don't have very much FKB, while ethanol or acetone kava solutions pull out a lot of the FKB. If your actually eating the root, like the coarse sediment at the bottom of your cup, you'll be consuming all the FKB regardless of extraction method, right?

I'm definitely looking forward to trying some new kava. I have only tried borogu and koniak so far. I liked koniak best but I don't want to drink it often. Borogu is still excellent though.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I think the name Fu'u comes from the sound you make after a shell or 2* and it hits you "FFFFFFFFF000000......oooooooo" :wacky: That's my current kava and that's when I really start to feel it. That fine Fu'u grind gets you every time!

*your mileage may vary*

HerbalDude420

Mr True Colors
There is a possibility of consuming FKB but even so in noble strains the concentrations are very low and with kava it is all about the concentrations of different lactones and chemicals that make it up. And the natives never extracted it into anything but water so your always generally safe using this method.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
yeh, part of me wants to make a 1-2 tbsp. drink and toss 'n wash it. just to see. wouldn't do that regularly though.

edit: aaaand, wouldn't do that without being home near a bathroom, just in case.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
It's on my bucket list for sure Tidy Minion. I've tried adding a couple of scoops of Koniak to other mixes, like the Vanuatu Reserve I got from Kauai Kava (real kava). It gives you the zip of the Koniak without taking you over the top. The morning after effects aren't bad either. I think Koniak won't hurt you at all if you take it in moderation :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitewater

Kava Curious
Well, last night was pretty great. I didn't really give the fu'u a chance to show what is was all about though. I first drank a batch of fu'u. I felt really good but not quite where I wanted to be, so I mixed up a batch of borogu. It was after that last cup I felt amazing. Great synergy, I was right where I wanted to be. Woke up a little early feeling great with tons of energy