What's new

Good kava for $25 lb

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
I picked up a bag of this on Amazon and thought it deserved a mention. I get the waka kava.

Its $25 a lb if you're in the US. ($37 lb in Canada...what kind of exchange rate is that??)

Anyway its one of my favorite kavas. I find it on apr with paradise.

Full disclosure, I'm new to Kava and probably don't know what I'm talking about. But I've gotten through 3 pounds of it recently.

http://www.wakacon.com/

D

Deleted User01

My goodness gracious, another Amazon Waka Kava. It may be time to try it out. So tell us about the effects. Perhaps you can review it for us. Your review doesn't have to be perfect, just give us some ideas. And you say it is one of your favorites. What do you rank it against. This Wakacon sounds more and more interesting everyday.

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
Hi Deleted User01

I have tried the Paradise fijian, and hawaiian, as well as the extracts. All are very good. But I haven't had the breadth of kava experience to give a real review.

This Kava is different in that it isn't as intense as the paradise. It starts of more mellow, and gets to a point of euphoria quite quickly. Then you can happily have a few more shells without feeling over powered. I also notice less nausea.

This has more of that warm fuzzy "I can listen to music all night" feeling. Its buzz is a little closer to beer than paradise's is.

It has a more mild flavor and mixes a lighter brown.

Read the reviews on amazon, they are pretty good.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
If you could, copy your thoughts and submit a review here: http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/forms/
So we have them all in one place.

My take: It's a good kava, one of the better deals on the market, but I prefer my kava a little more coarsely ground and powerful. You can't beat Amazon shipping though.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Deathrydar, Paradise kava is the vendor, that is the company name, you can find him on the main forum page here down toward the bottom you will see "vendors" you will see him there, I know Adil of Paradise kava and he sells quality kava. Aloha.

Chris

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
I should clarify:

Paradise's kava is clearly better. The grind is more powder, and the flavor more rich. I keep it for my weekend kava. But for more daily enjoyment this is pretty good.

I'll post my next review int he review section.