What's new

Got a call from Doctor's, I have "elevated liver function"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends on a lot of factors. I had some tests performed a few weeks ago, and I have been drinking kava about daily since June. Tudei/high kavain/extracts/candy you name it, no kavalactones left unturned. And everything is functioning perfectly fine. I think it's because I drink a lot of water. Either that or I was blessed with powerful genetics.

Side note, when I gave blood I had to give 5 vials and as I was watching it my vision went - and I told her that and she had me lay forward, and my arms went numb and I couldn't see but I was still conscious and talking. The nurse was very surprised, she kept saying she's never seen anyone fight it like that and everyone who had the skin color I did (olive) would be passed out. I was determined not to have my consciousness leave my body, and everyone I have told this to says "do you think it's the kava"? Now, I know kava makes my mind sharp and clear, but I like to think it's because I have a massive willpower and have done a lot of research in consciousness within my body (lucid dreaming/being awake coming out of a dream into reality (never waking up from the dream, technically, I had my eyes open the whole time and my dreams slowly materialized into my room, it was crazy)). Any thoughts?

upload_2013-11-28_10-18-27.png

Last edited by a moderator:

violet

Do all things with love
@Ouroboros Interesting. I've had a few similar experiences with pushing past the threshold to remain conscious. Once was while observing a veterinarian up close spaying a cat. They said they never seen someone turn such a shade of green before. I had some serious tunnel vision and roaring in my ears, but I was still completely conscious. Despite that, I found it very difficult to maneuver the piece of gum I'd been chewing into my professor's open palm, I think they were worried I was going to choke on it. It was easier walking (with assistance) than spitting out gum.

I have also experienced a lot of dreaming with eyes open, that started happening accidentally when I was sleep deprived. The open eyed dreaming was how I would realize I was actually falling asleep while driving (nonetheless, still very surreal). That was definitely out of sheer will power to not nod off. As a result now, I can always recognize when my thoughts start to become lucid while still in an awake state, makes lucid dreaming very easy. When I don't have so many distractions, I should like to learn more about sleep states/consciousness.

I'll soon be getting established with a new GP, I'm hoping a couple days off of kava before having bloodwork drawn will allow my levels to test within acceptable ranges.

D

Deleted User01

I intend to drink no alcohol, Kava or any Big Juicy Rib Eyes the day before I get my next blood test. My cholesterol was very high last time and I'm wondering if I got a spike from the Kava the night before. As a side note, I did some binge wine drinking the last 2 days and I'm taking a vow not to do that again. It's just plain bad for you. I will start up with my Kava routine on Monday. That seems to be a lot safer for me than drinking too much.

Thanks for the info Nils. It was very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

infraredz

BULA!
Side note, when I gave blood I had to give 5 vials and as I was watching it my vision went - and I told her that and she had me lay forward, and my arms went numb and I couldn't see but I was still conscious and talking. The nurse was very surprised, she kept saying she's never seen anyone fight it like that and everyone who had the skin color I did (olive) would be passed out. I was determined not to have my consciousness leave my body, and everyone I have told this to says "do you think it's the kava"? Now, I know kava makes my mind sharp and clear, but I like to think it's because I have a massive willpower and have done a lot of research in consciousness within my body (lucid dreaming/being awake coming out of a dream into reality (never waking up from the dream, technically, I had my eyes open the whole time and my dreams slowly materialized into my room, it was crazy)). Any thoughts?
I've had all sorts of different experiences with this in different instances. I remember getting anesthesia before two different surgeries and being able to count down almost to 90 and the MDs always comment on this, but in all honesty, anesthesia is a tricky thing and the counting is really just a way for them to gauge the dosage.

That being said, I feel like I've been able to overcome strong outside forces when it comes to consciousness (ie. anesthesia, shock, etc) and I've had two traumatic ski accidents. One, when I was 12, I cut my knee open on the edge of a ski and had a good 5in laceration that went all the way down to the bone. I did have near-death and OBEs but I remember being able to stay conscious more than I feel I should have. Why? I think I was afraid losing consciousness meant dying and I just didn't want to die. The other accident was a ski accident where I broke a vertebrae and three ribs. For a good 30 seconds I couldn't breathe, then when I could, I couldn't move my extremities and was in a tremendous amount of pain. I felt the unconsciousness/shock coming and was able to fight it and stay alert enough to actually fight through the shock and get up and hike up 40ft to get my skis not only put them on, but ski down 4,000+ft of vertical (it was near the top).

Then of course there were the "dark times" in my life, and there were many outside substances that brought all sorts of relevant experiences but this isn't the place for that...

I once had an experience where I was getting my blood drawn and it was a similar thing where they needed over 5 vials of blood. During the [long] time that the phlebotomist was doing the procedure, I thought I would help pass the time and tell her of a related story (to venipuncture). After the aforementioned ski accident, at the bottom of the hill the clinic was rushing around to triage me and deal with the blood loss. In the rush (and due to the cold, shock, etc), the nurse put the needle for the IV in "bent". I obviously couldn't feel anything was wrong in that part of my body at least but in the hospital when they went to change my IV needle, when they pulled it out the most tremendous amount of pain and blood came out of the crook of my arm (by then I was even on a morphine drip too). What had happened was the plastic needle had become bent so when they removed it, the needle opened up like a barb and ripped a good chunk of tissue along with it. :arghh:

I of course told the nurse this story, and not surprisingly, it started to make me subconsciously upset. I started to say, "I think I feel a littlleeeee dizzzyyyy" and next thing I remember was 2 MDs and three nurses standing around me with 3 packets of smelling salts. Apparently I had been out for almost 6 minutes and they were about to call an ambulance. That, ironically, was the only time I ever wasn't able to overcome the "natural" pull to unconsciousness. I had a good deal of knowledge and experience with lucid dreaming, meditation, etc at that point, but I don't think I was aware quickly enough to "use it" but I have no doubt that your experiences in that regard helped.

violet

Do all things with love
Nothing has frightened me more than getting anesthesia and the thought of having to go under for surgery. I saw more of the operating room than I would have liked when I had a wrist surgery before they got me put out, and I really tried to go with it so they wouldn't have to do full sedation. Knowing they would have to have used full sedation on me when I had my kiddo was the only thing that kept me from the OR that time, all I could think was that if I went in I probably wouldn't come out.

@infraredz There are things I can think about that make the blood drain right from my head. I can hardly imagine the shock that took your body by surprise when you were recounting that story to the nurse!

Status
Not open for further replies.