What's new

Got a few questions

AmberLynn

Kava Curious
I'm pretty new to kava and wanting to know 2 things;

first.. what is a good kava to make me uppidy/relaxed yet talkative.. a non sleepy kinds?

Also, how much should I put in? I've been doing 3-4 tablespoons kava with 2 1/2 cups water and I'm just getting very mild effects...How much does one typically consume in a session?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Two that stand out are Pouni Ono from Kalm with Kava and M'oi from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. I'm sure there are lots of others but I'm not so into heady kavas so I don't know much more than that. I'm sure plenty of others will chip in here.

3 to 4 tbsps in that much water sounds like a reasonable quantity (I'm assuming you're talking about medium grind here not micronised?). How are you preparing it though? It could be your prep is not as efficient as it could be. Also there is just the possibility that you are a "hardhead" and might need more than that to get a really good effect. I would check your prep method first for which I recommend a blender and then strain and then maybe try adjusting your amount up.

WaltonGroggins

a.k.a. "Kount Grogula"
GHK's Kumakua and KWK's Melomelo both make me more social/talkative.

I've recently settled on 5Tbsp to 4C cool water. I do my second wash with 2C and then combine it with the first in a half-gallon jar.
I do my third wash the following day with frozen makas and 3C hot water; I combine this with whatever grog is left in the jar from the day before.

AmberLynn

Kava Curious
Well, the problem is I'm a pretty heavy drinker. I'm trying to replace alcohol with kava. I'm guessing that's why I'm not getting the effects I want? I'm not sure.

I've tried 3 different kinds, Borongoru, Borogu and Pouni Ono so I'm still kind of confused which would be the best to replace alcohol since I've only had mild effects from them all

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Well, the problem is I'm a pretty heavy drinker. I'm trying to replace alcohol with kava. I'm guessing that's why I'm not getting the effects I want? I'm not sure.

I've tried 3 different kinds, Borongoru, Borogu and Pouni Ono so I'm still kind of confused which would be the best to replace alcohol since I've only had mild effects from them all
I am a heavy drinker as well and have only been taking Kava for a week and have only tried 1 kind so far...the 11 year waka from BKH but 2 tablespoons of the 11 year knocks me on my ass. 1 tablespoon has me feeling really relaxed and kinda tipsy...like I wouldnt be able to drive after 1 tablespoon. And I felt the effects right away. It hits me in 10-20 minutes but makes my face really dry. I have an order coming from GHK..their micro sample pack so will see how their micro effects me.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

AmberLynn

Kava Curious
I am a heavy drinker as well and have only been taking Kava for a week and have only tried 1 kind so far...the 11 year waka from BKH but 2 tablespoons of the 11 year knocks me on my ass. 1 tablespoon has me feeling really relaxed and kinda tipsy...like I wouldnt be able to drive after 1 tablespoon. And I felt the effects right away. It hits me in 10-20 minutes but makes my face really dry. I have an order coming from GHK..their micro sample pack so will see how their micro effects me.

Dang that sounds like something I would like! I looked and their sold out ugggggh just my luck lol

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
If you are feeling effects, you could always try upping your amount. 4 tablespoons of medium grind is reasonable, but I often end up going higher than that, toward 6 or 7. Some people consume even more per session.

AmberLynn

Kava Curious
Thank you. I think that's my problem, I was only using 3-4 tbsp but I'm going to up it to 6 and see if that does anything

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Dang that sounds like something I would like! I looked and their sold out ugggggh just my luck lol
I think they sell out quick when they get it in. I wish I had ordered more. You can give them your email and they will email you when its back in stock. Its super potent. I just did a shell less than 5 minutes ago and am feeling gooood. Lol