What's new

Got the new Kalm with Kava, Kava cup and stand! with pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
So even though I did make my own kava cup from a coconut and put many, many hours in it sanding ect..its perfect ect, I still have not put a finish or food safe oil on it...so figured now that Kalm is selling these handmade ones I should pick one up! :)
Came in just a few days, was not expecting to see it today! Great surprise! Looks great! Its prefect sized....
Mine was from a big coconut and probably holds 2-3 times the amount of liquid as this one, but I wanted a (traditional) kava cup and I love this one! Like the dark color :) Will be using it tonight no doubt!
Thanks again Kalm with Kava!

Oh...just wondering, do these kava cups and stands come with an oil or finished on them? If so Im guessing its food safe?
If it doesn't should I put some on it to protect it?

107.jpg
050.jpg
055.jpg
040.jpg

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks Bradley! They are au natural - no finish or oils added. You can use it as is without problems or oil it up to last a little longer. I have been using one for a couple of months straight. After a while it will start to crack though if not treated. Sometimes Fijians will cover them with clay and bury them for a week or two in the ground to treat them naturally. I believe we will have some of these with our next order. Oh and Tanoas are on the way!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Awesome! Thanks for the info...
Very different "natural" way to treat them, I had know idea lol...bet it would work great using the sand/soil in Fiji or Vanuatu :)
Very glad to know there all natural, The only thing I don't have is a kava bowl/tonoa..I bought a tiny one from Samoa, and even though it was way to small to use, it was treated with some weird wood stain that smelled allot like varnish..
Just hard to find a personal sized one for just one person as I don't use much kava to begin with lol...I was thinking an 8" bowl would probably be perfect for my needs I just don't see them that size anywhere lol...

blindy107

Kava Lover
oh wow! when did these come out? i have a "double shot" shell that needs a companion! great looking product there Mike. Will the tanoa be a traditional style?

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Do you know aprox how many ounces it holds? I have been eyeing these since I heard about them.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Didn't know about the different sizes but should have figured since there natural and all lol...I really like the size of mine that I got,
looks to hold around 3 ounces+ but its actually perfect size, and they look great to boot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.