What's new

gout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
ive been drinking kava every day since last wednesday. Ive been on allupurinol for mainenence forma few years. No attacks, but if i skip a day or eat a lot of gouty food i get tell tale signs in my right knee and left foot.

Unfortunately ive had these gouty signs since thursday, every day. Im trying to drink plenty of water , i do as a rule anyway becuase of gout.

Just wondering if this is a known issue?

schatz

itchin for kava
ive been drinking kava every day since last wednesday. Ive been on allupurinol for mainenence forma few years. No attacks, but if i skip a day or eat a lot of gouty food i get tell tale signs in my right knee and left foot.

Unfortunately ive had these gouty signs since thursday, every day. Im trying to drink plenty of water , i do as a rule anyway becuase of gout.

Do not think this is an issue with kava but I am no expert. A year ago or so I had a couple 10mm. kidney stones and decided to try Chanca Piedra tea and it dissolved them to less than 1mm. in a few weeks. I even did a C.T. scan of my kidneys to prove they were shrinking, and as a side benefit the pain in my big toe went away. Chanca piedra gets rid of gout and stone issues like high uric and oxalic acid so might want to try it. I am not saying it will work, but natural remedies do not have the side effects at least and if it works, you are detoxing you're kidneys at the same time.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity

Ive had years of terrible gout way before using kava. The only thing that has relieved it for me was the allipurinol. I have never had a really bad attack since taking it daily.

When I was getting really bad attacks it was either definitely from eating high purines like seafood and shellfish. Or from drinking alcohol with its dehydration effects. So I would guess if you are getting gouty with kava it would be from dehydration and not from any nutrients in the kava, unless you are mixing it with something else I dont know about.

Allipurinol, has been a godsend for me. It's the only thing that has ever "prevented" attacks for me. If youre still getting attacks, you might ask your doc to increase your dosage,

Status
Not open for further replies.