What's new

Greetings From Florida

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
@Botany Evolution I don't speak for everyone, but there are quite a few of us who feel that most --not all -- kava bars are capitalizing on kava as a trend and push it for nothing more than the intoxication factor. I won't bore you with all the details (but here's one recent thread that might help: A new kava bar with BYO champagne and "traditional almonds and cinnamon", lol), but there's something to be said for remaining true to tradition, as far as kava goes, even if it's just to ensure that it remains legal and doesn't become a political scapegoat in the future.

@Bula Kava House seems to have done a great job with his kava bar. I haven't been there, but from what I've seen, I would go there if I lived in the vicinity.

Bula! ::chugger::

D

Deleted User01

We just bought a super computer that tests the Kavalactones of the Kava, and we will begin selling all of our Kava with COA very shortly :)
Nice ... Hey Hedgie (@HeadHodge), maybe we should invest in one of those "super computers". You can't get enough of them I always say. Is it compatible with SQL?:D

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
We just bought a super computer that tests the Kavalactones of the Kava, and we will begin selling all of our Kava with COA very shortly :)
Providing your own product with your own CoA doesn't really prove anything, unfortunately. There's a reason outside organizations audit companies to ensure they're complying with standards (think organic foods, environmental waste, PCI compliance, financial audits, etc etc). A noble seal of approval should come from an unbiased source outside of your company and employees.

D

Deleted User01

So having a "super computer" counts for nothing. Geez, what's the world coming to. I have an idea!!! :woot: Why not send some samples to @Deleted User at True Kava. He does independent testing and he's one of the "good guys".

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
If your source of kava hasn't changed, then it comes from Vanuatu's biggest kava exporter. The same exporter who considers it too much of a pain in the butt to separate noble from tudei and so looks the other way and buys whatever roots are delivered to his premises.

I recommend you get your kava checked by True Kava Labs. Unfortunately Laurent Olivier has a history of selling tudei and tudei-adulterated kava alongside his K@, so there is a higher bar than most he has to get over in order to win back the respect of many in the kava community.

No ill-will borne to you personally of course, especially given that you've only been with the company a short while and aren't in a position of authority.
Good luck!

Last edited:

EQ

Atman
@Botany Evolution

If I opened a Mate lounge, and sold coffee I would deserve to be disrespected.
A Kava bar should represent Kava, and not cheap legal high profit for insecure hipsters.

People on these forums are of varying: age, backgrounds, past lifestyles, careers, geographic location but we all have one thing in common.
We understand Kava and we love what it is.

When a bar is opened up we can feel if we are ok with it. If we aren't ok with it than it does not represent Kava.
We may half-ass like it well it's ok, and that is just because most here are nice people.

Like why would somebody drink Alcohol and Kava at once?
That makes no sense to me because it is irrational, and ignorant of Kava.

Kava bars need to be opened with passion, and sweat. Judd of Bula has spoken on his past trials.

@ all legal high clubs disguised as Kava bars:
Quit selling K@
Quit selling tudei
Quit thinking protein powder is traditional
Love Kava

Processes? Recipes?
Water, Kava Root, Sweat.

Last edited:

Botany Evolution

Botany Evolution, LLC (Kava Depot)
Kava Vendor
If your source of kava hasn't changed, then it comes from Vanuatu's biggest kava exporter. The same exporter who considers it too much of a pain in the butt to separate noble from tudei and so looks the other way and buys whatever roots are delivered to his premises.

I recommend you get your kava checked by True Kava Labs. Unfortunately Laurent Olivier has a history of selling tudei and tudei-adulterated kava alongside his K@, so there is a higher bar than most he has to get over in order to win back the respect of many in the kava community.

No ill-will borne to you personally of course, especially given that you've only been with the company a short while and aren't in a position of authority.
Good luck!

Well I appreciate your feedback. There's been hectic history for sure due to previous partners or what not, but I'm here now and we are doing right by the industry and our customers.