What's new

Greetings from Ireland

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
Round two, 3 heaped teaspoons, 2 hours and waiting.

To be honest Kava may not be for me. Ideally I would be looking for something that I could take occasionally before certain situations, such as a social/family gathering.
But I shall power through

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Round two, 3 heaped teaspoons, 2 hours and waiting.

To be honest Kava may not be for me. Ideally I would be looking for something that I could take occasionally before certain situations, such as a social/family gathering.
But I shall power through
Once you've broken through the first time it take much less to get you back to where you want to be so you can use it occasionally and still get effects. It's just breaking through the first time...

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
I am beginning to feel something, feels like the beginnings of drunkenness. This feeling only occurs when I'm moving about and its not a happy feeling.

The issue might be that I am using Kava in an environment which I am very comfortable and don't experience any anxiety.

Another factor to consider is that I am 111kg so perhaps I need a larger amount to break through

Update: So I def feel a bit drunk when I am moving, but my mind is completely clear. Tempted to keep going with another few teaspoons but I'm assuming the brew, I chugged down 20mins ago, is still making its way into the bloodstream.

Well, ended up feeling a bit drunk in my movements but that was about that.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
At least you're feeling something! lol You are right to say that 20 mins isn't enough to get the full effects. It can take up to an hour for it all to play out which is why I space my doses an hour apart.

With that kava the beneficial effects I feel are muscle and mind relaxation, elimination of all or any anxiety and a warm, deep glow inside that puts a happy smile on my face. If I get up and move around I do feel a little disorientated but not like being blotto. The only really negative effect for me is the stomach upset which is sorted with some ginger ale or beer. I think once you have been using this for a while (if you continue to use it) you will start to get the above effects and the negative effects won't show so much. Once you have had a good kava session when you felt just amazing you tend not to notice anything else and every time you drink you just want to get that kava in you as quick as you can to get that numb glowiness ;-)

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
Day 5

I shall use the last of my Kava later and from there decide if I will purchase more. 50euro for 100 grams isn't exactly cheap when I'm wolfing it down.

My Kava is sourced from KavaEurope, I'm just wondering if maybe I should A) find a diff supplier as they have a 3 out of 5 rating, and b) should I purchase the root instead of the instant powder.

Hmmm just ordered another 200g.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Day 5

I shall use the last of my Kava later and from there decide if I will purchase more. 50euro for 100 grams isn't exactly cheap when I'm wolfing it down.

My Kava is sourced from KavaEurope, I'm just wondering if maybe I should A) find a diff supplier as they have a 3 out of 5 rating, and b) should I purchase the root instead of the instant powder.

Hmmm just ordered another 200g.
That is only based on two ratings though, my 5 and someone elses 2 or something. You won't find a med grind root that is as effective as QKP.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
3 heaped teaspoons of instant should be an alright starter dose for the evening, on an empty stomach, but I'd need 3 heaped Tablespoons to start gettin' anywhere near a proper kava experience. Natural tolerances vary between people though.

Since you're just starting out, I'd suggest buying some good medium grind and work through your priming phase with some good sized doses that. Instant is very expensive for such a small amount of product, but once you're primed, it can be a nice treat, because the effects are a bit cleaner.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Probably. Powdered root is more cost-effective and potent than instant. Their Quick Kava is not bad as instants go, but I've personally never found instants affordable, and Europe/UK customers are paying even more because it crosses two oceans. For the record, I agree with shakas that tablespoons are the way to go for dosing instant. It's an expensive way of consuming kavas.

This describes kava to a T, once one figures out how to correctly prepare it. Regardless of whether ones first few experiences are inspiring or not, once kava is "gotten" it doesn't go away. I have come back to it after multi-month long breaks to good effect.

Wanderlywagon

Kava Curious
It took me an age to break through RT. I spent over $300 on favorably reviewed kavas from good suppliers. In that time I had all of 2 very good experiences, the rest being either like what you're describing, or simply feeling nothing at all. I gave up trying at some point a couple of years ago.

Before Xmas I decided to buy a lb of kava king micro on iherb, simply because it's cheap as chips and gets decent enough reviews. After drinking 2 flat tablespoons of that every morning for about 2 weeks, I was finally feeling something consistently. It's not a premium kava, but I think it's absolutely the most ideal and cheapest way as to break RT.

So this time around I broke through RT for less than 20 dollars, rather than the 300+ previously that was largely a waste. I would say it's effects are subtle, and more sedating than anything for me (a good anxiety reducer) but it works. I find that it's also a cheap way to get more out of more expensive kavas. If I use ghk moi micro on its own, I only need use half as much as usual if I take a couple of tablespoons of kava king first.

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
OK so I'm not feeling anything, except for hunger, but perhaps I am in the wrong environment. By this I mean that currently I am at home watching TV, and would never feel.any level of anxiety in this situation.

I will try it in a social environment soon.

PS typing on my phone so you will have to excuse my allovertheplaceness

nathaniel.adkisson

Kava Enthusiast
Brother trust me you haven't felt the full effects yet then. When I first started it was a week or more but when the RT broke SWEET BABY JESUS!!!! it was awesome I take it at work at home when I go to events all the time now and always feel it even when I take a month off and I use the root mixed in to juice and add heavy whipping cream for fat content. I use 1lb to 1 gallon of juice and mix for 10 -15 mins before drinking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
Thanks for the reply, this is 100% the friendliest forum that I have ever been on. I am curious about taking it before work, I mean would it not impede your judgement? Or would you be slightly giddy?

For me I love the feeling when I have 3/4 pints. I go from sitting in the corner feeling anxious to out on the dance floor, mind is clear, motor skill are perfect but the anxiety is gone.

However I don't like the face that I use alcohol as a crutch. In fairness I haven't drank since September.

Tonight's update: drinking my 3rd batch = 8 heaped teaspoons. Sitting down watching music videos, feel absolutely nothing as I sit but when I move I def feel a bit drunk. My movements are accompanied by that merry feeling. Now I would like to try this feeling in a pub/club. Maybe the Kava is doing exactly what I want it to. I will def go out over the weekend and I will give a play by play of the night, unless I get luck ;)

Ps: At this stage lucky means a bigger than normal portion of taco fries :(