What's new

Greetings from Ireland

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Small-medium doses of kava don't really impact one's clarity like alcohol and other green leafy substances do, and with the reduction in anxiety/stress many people feel it's a good thing to take before work or just stressful situations.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Keep trying... it'll work eventually... don't give up on the milk too... you can drink with water but try giving it 30 mins and then drinking half a pint of milk, I find that can help. With water I get nowhere near the same effect.

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
So last night I had 8 heaped teaspoons. Ended up feeling a bit drunk in my movements and my stomach was a tiny bit dodgy.

Tonight I shall try again

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
8 heaped teaspoons is a lot of QKP... in the future you will need much less than that! Sipping ginger beer or ginger ale afterwards calms the stomach down nicely. You'll know when it's working because you'll feel a warm glow spread through you and a happy uplifted feeling :) . It's just possible that you would feel the heavy effects of kava before you would feel the heady effects although I'm sure some people are the other way round! If you're starting to get body effects then the full deal can't be far away.

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
I have returned. 6 teaspoons down the hatch. Watching a show about Big Foot.

No Big Foot and no Kava magic

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
6 heaped teaspoons, another night on the Kava quest
Good luck.
Remember to keep this in mind...some people have a naturally low tolerance to kava and get full effects off of small doses, while others have a much higher tolerance and require double or triple the amount to have notable effects.

Given you're attempts, I think it's safe to say you are a natural born hard-head and playing it safe with small doses won't get you where you want to be. 6 TEAspoons is still only equal to 2 TABLEspoons...2 TABLEspoons would only be a starter for me and many others, including the majority of Vanuatu.

If you mix 6 Teaspoons, chug half of it, wait 30 minutes chug the other half and still feel like you can have more, by all means mix up another 6Teaspoons and do it again...that's how you'll find out if you simply aren't consuming enough.

I typically drink 12-16 TEAspoons (4 or 5 Tablespoons) of instant or micro over the course of the night.
That amount is roughly equal to strength/amount you would drink anywhere and by anyone in Vanuatu.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
What muddies the water though (ok, pun intended, get on with it!) is that I can drink some kavas that people find strong and yet need relatively quite a lot to get any effect and yet with some kavas, particularly instants, I need hardly any. With QKP I really don't need that much to get an effect. One thing I have found though is that instants are more reliable in terms of effects, similar every time.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Welcome.

I didn't read everything closely but I assume you have an empty stomach prior to kava? I'm also a hard head. Took me a few weeks to feel anything as well as large doses around 6-8 tablespoons.

Keep at it and keep us posted!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
3 heaped table spoons in my belly.
Another 2 table spoons.

Nothing.
Well thetinyskunk, I feel for you. The first time I got good and rooted was when I ate the better part of a $60 jar of extract, so I feel your pain. Might be time to try powdered root plus traditional prep.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I just can't imagine drinking 5 tablespoons of this and not getting any effects at all. That's mad. I hope you break through soon!