What's new

Greetings from Ireland

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Had another 5 tablespoons lastnight on an empty stomach and still nothing. Any chance that my stuff is poor quality?
Maybe, what were you using again ? People respond to different kavas differently, overall kavalactone potency can change a bit from batch to batch, and also lose some potency from sitting around for a long time.

Maybe try some 11 yr waka from BKH or micronized Mahakea from GHK...or some traditionally prepped Loa Waka from KWK.

Do you take any meds or alcohol regularly ?

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
It's the instant Kava powder from Kava Europe, formally known as global Kava.

I have never taken.any meds, have never taken an antibiotic in my life, or least as far back as I can remember. I also rarely drink, last time was October.

3-4 pints takes away the anxiety I experience in social environments but I don't like having to use alcohol as a crutch and would hate to build a dependence on it to enjoy going out more.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
@Thetinyskunk order a sample kit from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava or Kalm with Kava. Read up on traditional preparation while drinking the micronized. It's been a long time since I had Quick Kava and I don't remember it being quite that bad but if 8 tablespoons is doing nothing you must have gotten something bad.

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
Is Kava very noticeable once it kicks in?
I would be a very anxious person in social environments however so far I have only taken it in an environment in which I feel very comfortable and have never suffered any form of anxiety. Perhaps Kava is working for me but I am in the wrong situation.

Thetinyskunk

Kava Curious
I have 6 teaspoons in my belly, mixed up with hot water. Got a slight drunk feeling, have felt this a few times. It's not a relaxed drunkenness more a realization that my motor skills are slightly off, if I was in a pub/club this feeling would be my sign to stop drinking

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I wouldn't have thought the product would be duff, I use QKP regularly and get good results from teaspoons.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
What have you been having teaspoons or tablespoons? I'm a bit confused? I have used the Global kava instant and it works for me although mild effects on me also.
I mix 3-4 teaspoons into warm water and try and drink in a 1er and within 10 mins i get some effect. The only other kava i can recommend is the Bula Kava 11yr waka as my kava experience is limited... One heaped TABLEspoon of this and i'm in the zone big time! People often get a tablespoon mixed up with a desert spoon, a tablespoon is bigger again!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think there is a lot of confusion about tablespoons and dessert spoons. The spoon Doug uses on his videos looks like a dessert spoon to me so that's what I use.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
image.jpeg

Here I have photographed a comparison of a desert spoonful (top),
a heaping "Douglass style" desert spoonful (middle), a proper tablespoon (bottom), and a desert spoon for scale. All mounds are the exact same height.

As you can see, the heaping spoonful is only slightly larger than the proper tablespoon, maybe by 20%.