What's new

Greetings!

KrunkJunkie

"If it ain't got me krunked, it's junk."
Howdy Hey Kava Forums! Just signed up last night and decided I would post a thread and introduce myself a bit today. So, the name is Jake (not from State Farm), I'm 23 and have been using Kava for about 5 months now. I use it to stay far far away from alcohol because I suffer from the worst hangovers and wanted something that leaves me functional the next day. I have used the forums as a reference and research tool for a few months finding out as much as I can about this wonderful plant and it's cultivars, it's quite fascinating to say the least! I have found my body chemistry takes great offense to micro and instant kavas, so I use only medium grinds and absolutely looooove the heady kavas. Great to finally be part of the group! :smug:

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
Just curious Jake, what did you find disagreeable about micros and instants? I am still working my way through all of the various cultivars and preparations trying to discover what works best for me.

KrunkJunkie

"If it ain't got me krunked, it's junk."
Hey thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
@Steve Mariotti: Right on man! I have yet to try Nambawan, but I'll be sure to give it a try when the next paycheck rolls around.
@Sam Handwich: Well, for some reason micros and instants seem to cause a weird reaction in my body, it wont occur with medium grinds. I think I'm just sensitive to too much root particles, so I strain with extra fine strainers. Id go see my doctor about it, but it hasnt killed me yet, so its probably not a pressing issue haha.