What's new

Group / Bulk buys a thing?

atarev

Anyone here ever tried it? With kava being so expensive right now, I am looking for ways to cut costs. I have to imagine that if 5-10 of us went in on some bulk (think hundreds of pounds) we could get a break on the price. Anybody know sellers who might be into such an arrangement?

I know lots of people do these in other communities online, for example pellet smoker pellets, it's not uncommon for people to go in on a ton (2000#) of pellets.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Anyone here ever tried it? With kava being so expensive right now, I am looking for ways to cut costs. I have to imagine that if 5-10 of us went in on some bulk (think hundreds of pounds) we could get a break on the price. Anybody know sellers who might be into such an arrangement?

I know lots of people do these in other communities online, for example pellet smoker pellets, it's not uncommon for people to go in on a ton (2000#) of pellets.
Nakamal@home, KWK, and Best Fiji Kava sell in bulk. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. With BFK more known for it. I'm sure there are many more.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

If you reach out to those vendors mentioned above, they will work out a bulk deal with you. There isn't a need to buy a pallet to save money. We have members that buy 10 kilos at a time to save money. Maybe @nabanga can give you some insight, I know he is one of those people.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
If you reach out to those vendors mentioned above, they will work out a bulk deal with you. There isn't a need to buy a pallet to save money. We have members that buy 10 kilos at a time to save money. Maybe @nabanga can give you some insight, I know he is one of those people.
I buy in bulk as I have to ship it to Laos which is expensive, so the more I buy the lower the cost per kg for the courier. Also, I drink a kilo every 10 days or so, and as delivery can take 3 weeks, need to have a stock. I haven't come across any savings for buying 5-10kg other than the promotional codes that come up from time to time.
One idea though - is work out the cost of a trip to Fiji or Vanuatu (flights+1 week in basic guesthouse) and see how many kilos you need to buy to break even, or make a saving. Good kava in Vanuatu was half the price of vendors when I was there in 2018, and I worked out if I bought 25kg or so it would pay for the trip.
How to justify a holiday and buying a years supply of kava in one go. Just need to wait for normal life to resume with flights.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I buy in bulk as I have to ship it to Laos which is expensive, so the more I buy the lower the cost per kg for the courier. Also, I drink a kilo every 10 days or so, and as delivery can take 3 weeks, need to have a stock. I haven't come across any savings for buying 5-10kg other than the promotional codes that come up from time to time.
One idea though - is work out the cost of a trip to Fiji or Vanuatu (flights+1 week in basic guesthouse) and see how many kilos you need to buy to break even, or make a saving. Good kava in Vanuatu was half the price of vendors when I was there in 2018, and I worked out if I bought 25kg or so it would pay for the trip.
How to justify a holiday and buying a years supply of kava in one go. Just need to wait for normal life to resume with flights.
I hadn't thought of that, I've personally bought 5-10lbs+ from KWK and Squanch and have gotten price breaks, I guess it might be easier in the States.