What's new

GSL Technology Kava pills, Gaia Capsules, etc. for insomnia?

sumguy

Kava Enthusiast
Well, things didn't go so well yesterday. I drank just one shell of boroguru and still had a hard time getting to sleep. I'm not sure what's different from a week ago when it was working great for me, but it no longer does. I even took a hot bath before bed to try to ensure I'd be relaxed. When I didn't get to sleep within an hour, I tried some melatonin, which also didn't work. I finally just took some diphenhydramine and the next thing I knew I was trying to figure out how to make my alarm stop making noise.

I guess I'm going to take a break from kava for a while. I don't like the side effects (digestive system) anyway, which were worth it for a while, but I'm now getting negative returns. :(

sumguy

Kava Enthusiast
It's been about a week and a half, so I thought I'd try again. I decided to just try some of the capsules. I took 3 at about 7 pm after getting home from work, before dinner. I actually felt a little sleepy within an hour, but I'm not sure whether that was the kava. At about 10, I took 2 tsp of Natural Calm, a magnesium supplement I've been trying recently to see if it helps me sleep. And at around 11, I went to bed. But I wasn't able to sleep. I ended up taking diphenhydramine, 5 mg of melatonin, and sniffing some lavender oil (something I hadn't tried in years) before I finally managed to get any sleep.

I guess my body just doesn't like kava anymore. :(

Smoi

SKOL
It's been about a week and a half, so I thought I'd try again. I decided to just try some of the capsules. I took 3 at about 7 pm after getting home from work, before dinner. I actually felt a little sleepy within an hour, but I'm not sure whether that was the kava. At about 10, I took 2 tsp of Natural Calm, a magnesium supplement I've been trying recently to see if it helps me sleep. And at around 11, I went to bed. But I wasn't able to sleep. I ended up taking diphenhydramine, 5 mg of melatonin, and sniffing some lavender oil (something I hadn't tried in years) before I finally managed to get any sleep.

I guess my body just doesn't like kava anymore. :(

Smoi

SKOL
Hey brutha....I work very wierd shifts and have found Nene from GHK puts me to bed a cpl hours after ingestion. Instant if your guts are kind of sensitive.. I like micro. All Ghk products are really good, and probably best for sensitive stomachs. Also sometimes i mix mahakea with nene, slowly going to only Nene.. Seems to be my magical elixr for sleep and overall anxiety relief.

Smoi

SKOL
Also check into 5Htp. Its a serotonin supplement. Take hour before bed. You can take during day, but tires some peeps out. I take nene,5htp, melatonin, and a cpl benedryls...If i really need sleep....Otherwise Ghk Nene will hook you up, guaranteed.....Youll be very noble

sumguy

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks, but I've tried 3 different kinds since my body and kava quit getting along. I think it's just time for me to give up and try other things. I'm currently looking into L-theanine and experimenting with a magnesium supplement. The magnesium is looking promising so far.

Now I have to figure out what to do with my kava stash. I hate to just throw it away. It was bad enough throwing out the bottles of stuff I had made that were still in the fridge after they had sat there long enough to start looking pretty sad.