What's new

Had an interesting experience las night

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
So last night I went to a family function at my girlfriends family's place. They
are Jamaican, which I'm stating for no other reason than to describe the atmosphere. There was a heavy church contingent there. In a room full of these people, who barely know me, I proceeded to borrow one of my girlfriend's mother's panty hoses and brew myself up a liter and half or so of really awesome kava. A few people asked me what I was doing, but I just said I was making a Polynesian tea, and that they wouldn't like it. Nobody was that interested, strangely. Then I proceeded to get really krunk on this stuff over the the course of the night without anyone really knowing what I was doing. Towards the end of the night my girlfriend went to throw out the left over kava, and her aunt scolded her "not to throw out Jason's tea". The funny thing is nobody asked any questions, smelled it, asked for any etc... They just let me be a weird white person in peace, lol.

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It's cool that they were so indifferent about it. I know I would have preferred it that way, for the sake of social anxiety. I suppose any judgement or deductive curiosity would more likely come from the churchy aspect than the Jamaican aspect. The ever-present overproof rum and marijuana in Jamaican culture probably makes 'Polynesian Tea' sound like a whole bunch of nothing. ;)
Something about going to your girlfriend's parent's house and borrowing her mother's pantyhose to make kava makes me laugh a little.:D

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Heh, no this family wouldn't be caught dead around pot. They are church going, non drinkers etc..... I can't help but think some white dude spontaneously busting out a kava session in the middle of a gathering like that should raise an eyebrow or two, but apparently not.

Stockings worked awesome btw. It's the first time I've used them I think. Ill be ditching the jelly strainer and hitting up the dollar store. It was one of the better batches ive made in a while.

D

Deactivated Account

Stockings worked awesome btw. It's the first time I've used them I think. Ill be ditching the jelly strainer and hitting up the dollar store. It was one of the better batches ive made in a while.
Stockings are the go all right…actually im stockinging up right now.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I do this all the time. Only I never borrow pantyhose.:hilarious:

The only opposition I've every come across was from the significant other of a couple of the people that wanted to try it. They were afraid their boy friend/ girl friend/ husband/ wife would get addicted to it or didn't believe in "drugs". Other than that, seeing me drink out of a coconut shell is a conversation starter.

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
@Buddhacide how many TBS are using using to make your liter and a half batch? I normally use 6-7TBS for 2 cups of grog and can usually barely get that down without spewing my guts out. Can't imagine drink 1.5 liters of the stuff!:yuck:

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
I reckon I used about a cup and 1/2 maybe. I didnt measure I just finished a package.

Ive started drinking smaller amounts more frequently (instead of a bunch all at once). Helps the experience overall.

D

Deleted User01

I agree with Buddhacide, a cup every 30 minutes or so is about right for me and I only end up doing about 8-10 oz. which is also just right for me. According to my notes, my last batch yielded 32 oz of Melo and I used 1.5 cups of Kava. Now her comes the controversial part, I measured that out to be about 16.5 tablespoons at 11 tabs. per cup which doesn't sound right. I would be in your debt if someone could tell me how many tablespoons of your Kava makes a cup. And I mean actual measure it, not speculate on it. For reference, they say 16 tabs. of flour make a cup.