What's new

Hair of the (kava) dog...

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
So last night I made a really strong batch. 1 cup of PouniOno/Borongoru mix to 3 cups of water and I beat the hell out of it pretty well. When I was done my straining bags were nearly plugged with kavalactone wax. Always a good sign.

I did my first four shells too fast, and found myself in the Nausea Zone which required some backpedaling with water drinking and snacking until I got back on track again. I didn't finish the 3 cups, and had about 10 oz left over this morning, so when I got the grogginess out of my eyes, I went back and finished off the batch.

And I have to say that a morning after shell took me right back and "activated" the kava pleasure constellation pretty quickly and easily. Definitely a weekend-only pursuit, as I would in no way want to do this before work. Work would just distract and bum me out like this.

Anyone have similar experience with the Hair of the Dog and kava? It's kind of nice to have a second day followup with a small quantity that instantly put me back into a kava space in the morning. It tapped into an underground stream of euphoria and peaceful calmness that erupted easily into a geyser of happiness on a beautiful Saturday morning!