What's new

Has anyone tried this?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I tried it, pretty mild (for me), also smells weird like the powder has been sitting around with other herbs or spices and absorbing some of the aroma....it was still kava-y enough to not completely put me off. I’ve had worse.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I tried it, pretty mild (for me), also smells weird like the powder has been sitting around with other herbs or spices and absorbing some of the aroma....it was still kava-y enough to not completely put me off. I’ve had worse.
I tried it as well. I could not tolerate the odd smell. It was also extremely mild although I only prepared it in an aluball. One of the more disappointing kavas I have tried.

Kava o'puss

Kava Curious
Thanks for the reply. It just arrived on the doorstep. Sounds disappointing. I was looking forward to a somewhat decent Tongan tonight. This bag doesn't really have a strong odd smell though, just a mild kava smell and a real mild unknown herb smell, I guess. Guess I'll mix up a strong batch and see what happens. Guess there is a small hope it may be a better batch, as there is sometimes variances in the same product batch to batch. Just got done with a bag of Kava Time Kadavu , which I really liked last times I've had it, and I found this batch kinda mild and contained an inordinate amount of large rootlets and chips. Variance..But I'm not expecting anything great from the faikava now.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. It just arrived on the doorstep. Sounds disappointing. I was looking forward to a somewhat decent Tongan tonight. This bag doesn't really have a strong odd smell though, just a mild kava smell and a real mild unknown herb smell, I guess. Guess I'll mix up a strong batch and see what happens. Guess there is a small hope it may be a better batch, as there is sometimes variances in the same product batch to batch. Just got done with a bag of Kava Time Kadavu , which I really liked last times I've had it, and I found this batch kinda mild and contained an inordinate amount of large rootlets and chips. Variance..But I'm not expecting anything great from the faikava now.
I heard some people like this faikava and they say it is heavy. Let us know how you like it.

I to normally enjoy kavadu but the last batch was a different I swear.

Ra's Finest from Kavatime might be one of my favorites of all time and has been consistent since the release. If you are looking for an extremely heady and uplifting kava.

Kava o'puss

Kava Curious
Thanks. Will find out soon and, yes, the kadavu definitely did seem different, and not nearly as good, since last batch I had this summer.

The Good Rev

Kava Curious
I'm almost done with my bag and I won't be ordering it again. Usually the effect is mild... a few times it hit hard. Overall not providing what I need, and the flavor is making it hard for me to get it down.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That sounds way too close to "fake kava" for me when I read it!

If you want a good Tongan then definitely check The Kava Roots. @Paulie-Paul is in Canada but ships wherever and the kava is outstanding.