What's new

Heavy users, what is your cost-per-day?

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
What is your preferred kava type/vendor currently & then what have you worked out your cost-per-day to be....

I.E. if you ordered 1lb & it last's you a week... take the 1lb cost & divide by 7 :)

I'm doing my research to figure out if I'll be able to sustain a 'heavy daily usage' :sneaky:

How many of you have a cost-per-day over $10?

D

Deleted User01

@-33- welcome to the Forum! ::awesomesmiles:: Doesn't a dirty burger have a fried egg on top. :hungry: Perhaps a Pan-Fried egg the way @Deleted User likes it. :LOL: There was a thread on this a while back so you might try searching the Wiki here. I think 50 bucks a month would allow me to have about 5 days a week of Micronized at 3 doses a day. I'm not that fond of the term "heavy user" because everyone should take what they need but not abuse it. In other words, we're not pounding beers here, we are trying to get away from that type of behavior. Of course I understand that you may be replacing another drug with Kava and you may need to start "heavy" as you wean yourself from the other.

-33-

@-33- welcome to the Forum! ::awesomesmiles:: Doesn't a dirty burger have a fried egg on top. :hungry: Perhaps a Pan-Fried egg the way @Deleted User likes it. :LOL: There was a thread on this a while back so you might try searching the Wiki here. I think 50 bucks a month would allow me to have about 5 days a week of Micronized at 3 doses a day. I'm not that fond of the term "heavy user" because everyone should take what they need but not abuse it. In other words, we're not pounding beers here, we are trying to get away from that type of behavior. Of course I understand that you may be replacing another drug with Kava and you may need to start "heavy" as you wean yourself from the other.
Thanks for the welcome! The Dirty Burger was a fictional cheeseburger truck in the series "Trailer Park Boys" :)
& ok I'll do a search... i just don't have the $ currently for 'trial & error', so i wanted to hear directly from the veterans & in order to formulate a solid plan, there are just so many posts/so much information that I've become a bit confused.

D

Deleted User01

Well, if you post why you are wanting to take kava then maybe somebody with a similar history can take you under their wings. It happens all the time here. They have been there and done that ...

-33-

Well, if you post why you are wanting to take kava then maybe somebody with a similar history can take you under their wings. It happens all the time here. They have been there and done that ...
Ah, ok thanks.. well then.... I'm coming off heavy opiate usage (10 years) & am no longer taking medication for A.D.D. (after using that for 15 years)
A huge lack of energy/motivation (opiate side) & experiencing a lot of anxiety/frustration (a.d.d side)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Oh wow, man I feel for you. I've been there, and done that. No fun at all. Probably best that you get a more sedating type of kava such as Nene from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, or Bogoruru from Bula Kava House or Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. Also if you...well..if you win the lottery I would suggest stone from Nakamal @ Home. Too expensive for my wallet though.

With Bula kava or Gourmet Hawaiian you'll be spending around $3.77 per day if you get boroguru medium grind. That's what I'm spending.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Ah, ok thanks.. well then.... I'm coming off heavy opiate usage (10 years) & am no longer taking medication for A.D.D. (after using that for 15 years)
A huge lack of energy/motivation (opiate side) & experiencing a lot of anxiety/frustration (a.d.d side)
I guarantee however much you use, a kava habit is likely to be much less expensive than a heavy opiate habit.

-33-

Oh wow, man I feel for you. I've been there, and done that. No fun at all. Probably best that you get a more sedating type of kava such as Nene from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, or Bogoruru from Bula Kava House or Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. Also if you...well..if you win the lottery I would suggest stone from Nakamal @ Home. Too expensive for my wallet though.

With Bula kava or Gourmet Hawaiian you'll be spending around $3.77 per day if you get boroguru medium grind. That's what I'm spending.
@Kapmcrunk Thanks man... that def sounds manageable.. currently spending $4 a day/pack on those kava candy things from a local shop, so $3.77 is even better
@verticity yup... i don't know of anything more expensive than a heavy opiate habit.. cept perhaps a foreign sports car/yacht habit? lol :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
@verticity yup... i don't know of anything more expensive than a heavy opiate habit.. cept perhaps a foreign sports car/yacht habit? lol :)
I know really, it keeps escalating. First you start out with a regular yacht. Then you need to get a superyacht to maintain that feeling of your first yacht. Then you need a superyacht with a helicopter. Pretty soon you are spending trillions on your fleet of superyachts. Quite sad.

kongkava

Kava Curious
If $23 for 1/2lb (BKH) per week, $3.23 a day
If $25 for 1lb (bestfijiava) per 10-14 days, $1.79-$2.50

I'll switch to micronized if it ends up being cheaper

Last edited: