What's new

Hello all!

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
Hello everyone! My name is PapaCthulu! I am pretty new in the kava world having only started slightly over two months ago. But I've really been enjoying my time with kava. I currently prepare my kava using roughly 12 tablespoons in 2 and a half cups of water mixed with half a cup of coconut milk at 130- 140 degrees Fahrenheit. I use 3 to 4 tablespoons of Royal Roots Tongan with 3 to 4 tablespoons of Wakacon Lawena and 4 to 5 tablespoons of Wakacon Waka and have had pretty decent effects. I drink a cup and a half the first 30 minutes and the rest after an hour. I do this twice a week. Once during the week and once during the weekend in an attempt to build my kavalactones up in a decent amount of time. I really like the effects that Kava brings. It gives me a light non debilitating buzz. It makes friendly conversations much easier and also makes me laugh at old Loony Toons cartoons, which is something I haven't done since I was a kid.

I currently live on the southeastern seaboard of the US. I started drinking Kava because I have been working a hard warehouse job after losing my cushy sales job due to covid. I come home in pain or somewhat grumpy due to work and kava helps make me more tolerable. I also like the fact that I can get away with being buzzed on kava and `only consume around 360 calories in the process as I am dieting. I used to homebrew beer. And the caloric intake needed to catch a nice buzz is much less than what it took me to achieve a buzz with beer. I also like the fact that I can still focus and do stuff after drinking Kava. Can't do that with alcohol.

I feel that Kava could be almost as revolutionary to healthy society as caffeine was to the industrial revolution. I would rather people be happy "drunk" on Kava, than be angry drunk on alcohol for example.

Anyways, if you have any tips that you think would make my basic kava brewing technique better, let me know. I am also beginning to run out of my first 3 lbs. of kava. If you have any recommendations on kava that won't break the bank (around $50.00 or less), let me know as well.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I feel that Kava could be almost as revolutionary to healthy society as caffeine was to the industrial revolution. I would rather people be happy "drunk" on Kava, than be angry drunk on alcohol for example.
For many of us it is a permanent replacement to alcohol, including myself. Welcome aboard. Your prep method seems spot on, more or less. You are making strong shells, nothing wrong with that. I think at this point, it sounds like you are past any reverse tolerance, so I wouldn't worry about that.
If you have any recommendations on kava that won't break the bank (around $50.00 or less), let me know as well.
You have to set that standard at $60 per pound, it will be WELL worth the extra $10 (although you can get the 50's with bulk purchases) and then there are plenty of options, take a look;

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
For many of us it is a permanent replacement to alcohol, including myself. Welcome aboard. Your prep method seems spot on, more or less. You are making strong shells, nothing wrong with that. I think at this point, it sounds like you are past any reverse tolerance, so I wouldn't worry about that.

You have to set that standard at $60 per pound, it will be WELL worth the extra $10 (although you can get the 50's with bulk purchases) and then there are plenty of options, take a look;
Hey Hey! Gourmet Hawaiian Kava! I've read a bit about them. $60.00 per pound is fine. I've only had the cheap stuff thus far. Could probably decrease the amount of Kava or Awa I drink by a half cup and still get the same effects from what I've read and "stretch" it out a bit.