What's new

Hello Folks

KavaKavaJava

Botanical Enthusiast
Hello my name is Zack. I'm new to this forum. I'm a recovering alcoholic as well as a previous drug users several years ago. (Kept my sobriety in that department 5 yrs+ strong) I've always respected the heck out of this community so I figured I'd share my piece.

I guess I just want to share is if anyone is struggling with booze and fighting the good fight, amen to you and props.

Anyways, I discovered Kava years ago in piss poor capsule type situations. I felt a thing or two from 3 capsules of such substance. Did not matter much to me in that moment of my life.

I'm 26 years of wisdom nowadays. Sounds ignorant but it is truth. I do Land Surveying and have kept out of real trouble for years. I rediscovered Kava recently and I decided to do it the right way. It has helped me tremendiously. KWK was my first TRUE experience.

Anyways this shell of Borunguru is hitting me pretty good now. Cheers and please feel free to comment!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello my name is Zack. I'm new to this forum. I'm a recovering alcoholic as well as a previous drug users several years ago. (Kept my sobriety in that department 5 yrs+ strong) I've always respected the heck out of this community so I figured I'd share my piece.

I guess I just want to share is if anyone is struggling with booze and fighting the good fight, amen to you and props.

Anyways, I discovered Kava years ago in piss poor capsule type situations. I felt a thing or two from 3 capsules of such substance. Did not matter much to me in that moment of my life.

I'm 26 years of wisdom nowadays. Sounds ignorant but it is truth. I do Land Surveying and have kept out of real trouble for years. I rediscovered Kava recently and I decided to do it the right way. It has helped me tremendiously. KWK was my first TRUE experience.

Anyways this shell of Borunguru is hitting me pretty good now. Cheers and please feel free to comment!
Welcome aboard!

Truth be told, different kavas will feel slightly differently to each person. With that in mind, I do think Moi from GHK is one of the “happiest” kavas I’ve tried. Something about Hawaiian kava has a uniquely euphoric vibe to it. I’m all about some borongoru (still working my way trough the last of 10lbs), as I’m more of a sedative effect seeker, but I do enjoy moi and also to the same degree, mahakea. I highly suggest trying both.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I do think Moi from GHK is one of the “happiest” kavas I’ve tried. Something about Hawaiian kava has a uniquely euphoric vibe to it.
It is all in the way I grow the kava. :D Some people sing to their plants, but I play the piano for all my kava. (y) It's all in the music. Well I guess the soil I make for it and the care I give the kava has something to do with it too. But I don't think the piano playing hurts.:woot:

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor

I'm 26 years of wisdom nowadays. Sounds ignorant but it is truth. I do Land Surveying and have kept out of real trouble for years. I rediscovered Kava recently and I decided to do it the right way. It has helped me tremendously. KWK was my first TRUE experience.

Great story, thanks for sharing it with us, and WELCOME to the kava forums. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
I second the suggestion for Mo'i. It's the best! My username is even named after it. Loa Lawena from Cactus Kava is good too but a bit more on the balanced (i.e. less euphoric, more calming) side than Mo'i. I often combine them at a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 Mo'i:Loa to round out the headiness just a bit with some more body relaxation.

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
It is all in the way I grow the kava. :D Some people sing to their plants, but I play the piano for all my kava. (y) It's all in the music. Well I guess the soil I make for it and the care I give the kava has something to do with it too. But I don't think the piano playing hurts.:woot:
That's cool that you play piano! What styles do you play, classical, jazz, pop? Piano has been one of my most consistent hobbies since taking lessons throughout my childhood/adolescence. I pretty much only play classical. Just recently started up lessons again to get back into it.

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Welcome! I'm in the middle of a half pound bag of GHK Mo'i micro and it is great! Miçro can be a bit rougher on my gut but the effects are right now! Have fun and keep on krunkin'.::kavaleaf::::happyshell::

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
That's cool that you play piano! What styles do you play, classical, jazz, pop? Piano has been one of my most consistent hobbies since taking lessons throughout my childhood/adolescence. I pretty much only play classical. Just recently started up lessons again to get back into it.
I think that's great that you play the piano too. I am self taught and I play by ear. I started by playing George Winston's piano pieces and then started creating my own.
I really enjoy the piano. Thanks for asking.

Chris

Tumarumaru

Gunga la Gunga

KWK was my first as well and was a major help on getting me clear of alcohol. You always remember your first. And I will add that you should be proud of yourself....keep going!