What's new

Hello from UK - new to Kava

Lumix1234

Hi all
I'm new to Kava. Only discovered it when looking for ways to relieve anxiety. I have been reading posts on this website for last few hours and think I am starting to understand what it's all about, and more importantly how it could be the perfect solution for me.

I am nearing my 40s, been a heavy drinker since I was 15. I suffer from the odd anxiety attack and tend to use alcohol to remedy this - not a great idea I know!

I have spent the last few weeks really cutting my alcohol consumption down, and now only drink once or twice per week. But.... in the absence of alcohol ive been using diazepam and codeine to relax of a night.

I have hectic family life and work 50+ hrs week. On a night time I love to relax, but struggle without 'help'.

I am going to order some kava. I want it to replace alcohol/prescription drugs.

So my question now is, what would be a good starter batch? I know there's many different versions/brands/strengths etc... So a little guidance to get me started would be very helpful.

I'm sure all of you have been in same boat as me, so figured I'd ask for some newbie advice.

Also, and sources for uk would be helpful. I've registered with Edward so hoping he can help as well.

Thanks in advance

L

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hi all
I'm new to Kava. Only discovered it when looking for ways to relieve anxiety. I have been reading posts on this website for last few hours and think I am starting to understand what it's all about, and more importantly how it could be the perfect solution for me.

I am nearing my 40s, been a heavy drinker since I was 15. I suffer from the odd anxiety attack and tend to use alcohol to remedy this - not a great idea I know!

I have spent the last few weeks really cutting my alcohol consumption down, and now only drink once or twice per week. But.... in the absence of alcohol ive been using diazepam and codeine to relax of a night.

I have hectic family life and work 50+ hrs week. On a night time I love to relax, but struggle without 'help'.

So my question now is, what would be a good starter batch? I know there's many different versions/brands/strengths etc... So a little guidance to get me started would be very helpful.

I'm sure all of you have been in same boat as me, so figured I'd ask for some newbie advice.

Also, and sources for uk would be helpful. I've registered with Edward so hoping he can help as well.

Thanks in advance

L
Kava has a lot variability among vendors, cultivars, and how each person reacts. You can get some general guidelines on how a kava is from the reviews on this forum, but nothing is going to beat just trying a variety of kavas and see which ones fit what you are looking for. I know this can be somewhat overwhelming for a beginner but think of it as part of the fun of trying new things. Many vendors offer variety packs - if you can get those from Edward that would be my recommendation. If not then based on what you are looking for it sounds like you want a more "heavy" kava that relaxes the body and helps you sleep.

Lumix1234

Kava has a lot variability among vendors, cultivars, and how each person reacts. You can get some general guidelines on how a kava is from the reviews on this forum, but nothing is going to beat just trying a variety of kavas and see which ones fit what you are looking for. I know this can be somewhat overwhelming for a beginner but think of it as part of the fun of trying new things. Many vendors offer variety packs - if you can get those from Edward that would be my recommendation. If not then based on what you are looking for it sounds like you want a more "heavy" kava that relaxes the body and helps you sleep.
Cheers for reply. I've placed an order for 4oz Kavafied Supreme medium blend.

Will feedback on results.

Are there any recommendations of online vids that could guide me on how to prep it?

Thx

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi all

Thanks in advance

L
Bula! You sure hooked up with the right guy in Edward. he'll set you straight on everything. Looks like kava could be very good for you. hope it works out well. Definitely worth a try, for sure.