What's new

Hello! New Member

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
18 months later and I’m back again...
I’m afraid that wasn’t the last codeine I took. I just couldn’t drink the Kava in the end. The retching just got worse.... I fell back to buying OTC codein/paracetamol mix in Spain. After a week of cold turkey I tried Kava again today but just couldn’t keep in down.... shame... because it did give me the gentle chill I needed.

I think, considering my dependency, I may need to go over to K@ first.... I still have plenty of Kava so will seek a good blend/drink recipe and wean myself onto it..... I just don’t want to fall back to the bad habits again to feed my need for the opiates... it scares me.
If you have the ability to buy K@, there is no reason to keep taking the codeine/paracetamol and poisoning your body. Switching to K@ will prevent most or all withdrawals from codeine and contrary to the way K@ is usually portrayed on this forum, it can have many health benefits (lower blood pressure, allergy relief, stronger immune system, etc). If you don't like it and prefer kava, it is easier to make the switch to kava from K@ than it is from an actual opiate (derived from the opium poppy). Depending on your personal needs kava may or may not be better. Kava is very good at reducing general drug cravings but moreso gaba agonist types like alcohol and benzos. Since it doesn't bind to opiod receptors it won't be as effective as K@ at specifically preventing opiod cravings, though.