What's new

Hello

Hello,
I"m new here and just wanted to comment on the kindness that I see in the threads. I've been searching through them alot. Since, I"m a new Kava drinker. My first powder comes in soon. I picked up some Cactus Ono. Things have been getting so crazy over the years and have decided to find more ways to just chill and slow down a bit. This culture goes way too quick for me. Anyway, It's so great to read through comments without seeing people constantly argue, bicker and let their egos get hurt way too much.

Peace,
Todd

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello,
I"m new here and just wanted to comment on the kindness that I see in the threads. I've been searching through them alot. Since, I"m a new Kava drinker. My first powder comes in soon. I picked up some Cactus Ono. Things have been getting so crazy over the years and have decided to find more ways to just chill and slow down a bit. This culture goes way too quick for me. Anyway, It's so great to read through comments without seeing people constantly argue, bicker and let their egos get hurt way too much.

Peace,
Todd
Welcome to kavaforums! Totally agree with you about the pace of things these days.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I wholeheartedly believe it's a reflection of kavas level of consciousness.
Cannabis many would assume to have a similar vibe on forums but cannabis obviously has some downfalls when it comes to arrogance ect. And that shows ALOT in that cultural space. Kava is much more humbling, and yet outspoken. Whereas cannabis seems internally outspoken but externally shy... giving the Internet a good place for idiocracy to come out of these highs ... maybe I'm too harsh. Idk I'm stoned right now, so I guess it can't be to harsh in that sense. Just honest. Ive also just had some mahakea. It helps balance that.... but hey I love K@ but the downfall to that stuff is anger, bitterness I guess would be the best word, a bitterness toward the world comes off of K@ over time... and this is very expressed at the K@ forums very much... here we are very anti drug reference but in a pleasant way for the right reasons ...over there no offense ( I'm part of that forum too) but they just don't give people the time of the day sometimes... lol if something like the tuedi noble argument happened there... oh my... Ban ban ban ban !

Bazza

Hi I've been using micronized borogoru! I have had six heaped teaspoons and run out do you think it's ok to use some instant powder from a different supplier! I'm feeling ok at the moment any ideas would be greatful thanks Baz

Jerome

Kava Lover
Hi I've been using micronized borogoru! I have had six heaped teaspoons and run out do you think it's ok to use some instant powder from a different supplier! I'm feeling ok at the moment any ideas would be greatful thanks Baz
Of course! Mix and match freely. I often times mix a number of different kavas from different suppliers in a single evening.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah kava can't interact with itself in a physically harmful way... you can however mix too much heady with heady and end up kinda overloading side effect wise... typically stimulants no matter what compound to uncomfortable levels

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Todd, welcome to the forums!
I know how life can get crazy. And, sometimes we just need a little space. Like, quiet time in the mind. I don't know how old you are, but let's just say I've been around awhile..lol. I've found that some people are just more sensitive to things than others. It's like, they get stressed above and beyond what others may over the same situations.

I like to think of kava as...space. Time to think, time to rest, time to reflect. If you have things that are really getting to you, ask the "why" questions. Sometimes the "why" is really freaking obvious!..lol. But, there's ways of perceiving things where they don't get to you so much.

Some things, like working 60hr weeks is pretty obvious and would stress anyone. But, things like relationships, finances, traffic tickets, etc.. These things tend to not matter so much with the passing of time. And, sometimes people beat themselves up over things, when they really shouldn't.

Sorry for the long ramble. I'm glad you're here. And, I hope you find more peace in life. :)

Jerome

Kava Lover
Hey Todd, welcome to the forums!
I know how life can get crazy. And, sometimes we just need a little space. Like, quiet time in the mind. I don't know how old you are, but let's just say I've been around awhile..lol. I've found that some people are just more sensitive to things than others. It's like, they get stressed above and beyond what others may over the same situations.

I like to think of kava as...space. Time to think, time to rest, time to reflect. If you have things that are really getting to you, ask the "why" questions. Sometimes the "why" is really freaking obvious!..lol. But, there's ways of perceiving things where they don't get to you so much.

Some things, like working 60hr weeks is pretty obvious and would stress anyone. But, things like relationships, finances, traffic tickets, etc.. These things tend to not matter so much with the passing of time. And, sometimes people beat themselves up over things, when they really shouldn't.

Sorry for the long ramble. I'm glad you're here. And, I hope you find more peace in life. :)
Someone's been drinking kava! Excellent sentiments.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
"Welcome home" Todd. This place is definitely a breath of fresh air. Wonderful people, great info, great comaradarie,
plenty of humor.

I only wish we could all get together and have a huge kava party!!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I wholeheartedly believe it's a reflection of kavas level of consciousness.
Cannabis many would assume to have a similar vibe on forums but cannabis obviously has some downfalls when it comes to arrogance ect. And that shows ALOT in that cultural space. Kava is much more humbling, and yet outspoken. Whereas cannabis seems internally outspoken but externally shy... giving the Internet a good place for idiocracy to come out of these highs ... maybe I'm too harsh. Idk I'm stoned right now, so I guess it can't be to harsh in that sense. Just honest. Ive also just had some mahakea. It helps balance that.... but hey I love K***** but the downfall to that stuff is anger, bitterness I guess would be the best word, a bitterness toward the world comes off of K***** over time... and this is very expressed at the K***** forums very much... here we are very anti drug reference but in a pleasant way for the right reasons ...over there no offense ( I'm part of that forum too) but they just don't give people the time of the day sometimes... lol if something like the tuedi noble argument happened there... oh my... Ban ban ban ban !
Welcome to the Forums..
I am stoned too lol, I agree with you 100% about the nuances of cannabis vs kava, I too have had a good 2 pints of Boronguru, kava and cannabis are a great combo!!

Last edited: