What's new

Help, kinda new and worried about tongue sore

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephanie

Anyone else experience a white-ish tongue sore after drinking kava? This has happened on three separate occasions to me and I of course am worried it's cancer. I smoked for ten years and recently quit so am worried it was that. But I do notice these sores appear the following morning after drinking kava. The first time I had been nightly drinking Kava King instant powder. The sores went away--can't remember if I cut back.

The second two times I had made my own kava (Black Sand kava, nakamal grade) and had used a poor strainer so may have had a lot of root bits go down. Anyway, have white circular sores on tongue and am freaked out because no where on the Internet do I see this is a side-effect of drinking kava.

To complicate the picture, twice I had thai food (spicy) the same night as I drank the kava and woke up with the sores. They do go away, but then reoccur. Always after drinking kava, but not every time.

I would really appreciate any knowledge or feedback as am freaking out. Thank you!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have the little sores from time to time, but they're from the foods I eat. I really enjoy spicy foods, as well as highly acidic foods with plenty of vinegar...yes my friends think it's weird, but hey....they're right, I'm weird.

Tongue sores I can honestly say I haven't seen as having any direct correlation with kava consumption, nor have I heard of anyone with the same issue. I'd take a closer look at the foods you're eating.

As always keep in touch, and let us know what you find out.

(also I'm not an oncologist, but if they go away it certainly doesn't sound like cancer, so I wouldn't freak out just yet. I also smoked for 10 years myself until electronic cigarettes became available.)

S

stephanie

Thanks for writing. It's just weird because I've eaten the same type of foods all my life and only after the introduction of Kava have I gotten these.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Are they usually on the tip of your tongue? I've had it happen when the kava numbed my mouth so much I accidentally bit the tip of my tongue unknowingly.

S

stephanie

Two are on the tip, one is on the side. But when I say sores, they are not bite your tongue sores….almost like white circles, normal color in the middle. And they are not that sore. Thanks for all your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.