What's new

Kava Preparation Help with potency

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I also prefer the hot water method and I avoid the taste by cooling it down with 5-6 ice cubes. As it melts and cools the grog down, it makes it much more tolerable to shoot it back.
I too have started enjoying hot water grog, for me they both taste awful but one is more potent. It’s a no brainer for me. My taste isn’t good enough to tell the difference between bad and bad so I’ll take the stronger brew

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
This is another reason why I personally prefer micro......besides its easy prep (add it to your liquid of choice), its easy to get the desired affect.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
What I've been doing with my alu ball is this process.
1. heaping TBL in my first ball with the water at the 400 line
2. shake for 5 minutes, make you complete tap all the moisture you possibly can out of the ball
3. move on to the next tablespoon but this time after the first 5 minute shake your gonna take a butter knife, mix it around a bit and repeat.
4. Same for the next tablespoon, when your done you should be at a shell and then some worth of kava.

Best result for me but I for the life of me can't get consistent satisfying effects from day 3 and forward. I had to cut down to 2 times a week for a kava because though I feel ok I don't get what I want out of kava from day 3 and forward in a row. I have to wait for it to just about completely wear off and exit my system. Sometimes like this week for example I just won't get a very satisfying session at all. I'm sure I'm not just being hard to please because from day 3+ I'll get that liquid like sensation but not very strong and a feeling of general well being but no euphoria and my body won't be totally feeling it radiating throughout it well and my face won't have the familiar warm numb feeling when I have a real good one with the complete stillness of mind I get.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
I feel you @muddywaters. my kava buzz seems to have gone, mildest effects and I'm having what seems like a large dose of micro (6tbsp this morning, nothing). daily use of this strain for 2 months and daily kava use for 3 years, so not RT. (good dermo, tho)
where you go, kava?

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I feel you @muddywaters. my kava buzz seems to have gone, mildest effects and I'm having what seems like a large dose of micro (6tbsp this morning, nothing). daily use of this strain for 2 months and daily kava use for 3 years, so not RT. (good dermo, tho)
where you go, kava?
That must also get expensive, I think cutting down how much I use a week was also for the good of my wallet. Never used micro but I make it pretty thich and muddy anyways and when I get a new bag no matter what it is I always grind it down a little more in a mini coffee bean grinder. I've never got hit with the dermo before. RT for me is just a couple day short term build of kavalactones in my system I think because that remains consistent after day 1 of drinking kava, day 2 is always at least a little better. when you're not getting much out of it at a certain time I think it mostly has to do with your brain chemistry at the time because no matter how much I use or how much I drink it'll still be a miss on the crappy days. I never just get absolutely nothing though, it'll just be very baseline and don't get me wrong it's still good for a chill day/night and probably even better if you gotta go somewhere soon after you drink it.

Like last night because of the meh experience that didn't get too far I headed out to the mall for a while with someone who had to get something leaving me just to walk around and get something to eat for a while. Almost never there anymore but a modern flashy consumer paradise like that on kava is one of the most entertaining mind trips in the world because you get so disconnected from that consumer mindset when your there with kava. Because with kava my mental state gets real fluid and abstract too and there's so much for your senses to feed off of in a place like that and if you had old memories there it's even more interesting. On top of that it was stormy and wasn't too many people giving the place an even weirder vibe. Took home some stuff from the food court and watched paranormal stuff all night after. Satisfied enough.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
a modern flashy consumer paradise like that on kava is one of the most entertaining mind trips in the world because you get so disconnected from that consumer mindset when your there with kava. Because with kava my mental state gets real fluid and abstract too and there's so much for your senses to feed off of in a place like that
Ahaha that sounds fantastic. Maybe it's the strains I use but I have to go into hyperhermit mode for an hour after kava (when I was getting good effects). Go into my panic room, close to the door and preserve the peace. Maybe having a very loud household has something to do with it.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Ahaha that sounds fantastic. Maybe it's the strains I use but I have to go into hyperhermit mode for an hour after kava (when I was getting good effects). Go into my panic room, close to the door and preserve the peace. Maybe having a very loud household has something to do with it.
That's definitely why I like headier kava, I know heavy kava that will not have any of that with me but I'm not a fan of very heavy kava. I like a whole body feel but I also don't want to feel like a rock either and it leaves me a bit too lazy next day.