What's new

Help?

Maggie

I ordered powdered Kava root some time ago, and it just came in the mail today.
I was extremely excited only to find out that if you're under 18 you shouldn't consume it. I'm 17. :(
I'm wondering if it's still safe for me to ingest it?? I've been struggling with severe anxiety since I was 13 and am really eager to give Kava a shot, but the "do not use if under 18" label is a bit concerning. :/

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
The "R18" labels are there to protect the asses of vendors from bigoted parents/legislators. The biological difference between someone who is 17 and someone who is 18 is negligible. It's just a legal convention that in many countries those who are 18 are considered to be capable of making conscious decisions.
On the islands of the South Pacific boys as young as 13-15 drink kava regularly. In hawaii, mothers used to give kava to their hyper active kids.

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
I agree with Henry. IMO i think you could indulge responsibly with no problems.

"Wake up Maggie I think I got something to say to you
It's late September and I really should be back at school"

Sorry, Rod Steward came to mind when I saw this thread...

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
Just do lots of research here on the forum, how much you should use, proper preparation, eating schedules etc. Theres a lot to learn, but even with a basic knowledge from studying up here can make sure you have a golden experience with Kava.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Dude I'm younger than you and I drink kava. People in the pacific drink this stuff in utero, so I wouldn't be concerned.

Maggie

The "R18" labels are there to protect the asses of vendors from bigoted parents/legislators. The biological difference between someone who is 17 and someone who is 18 is negligible. It's just a legal convention that in many countries those who are 18 are considered to be capable of making conscious decisions.
On the islands of the South Pacific boys as young as 13-15 drink kava regularly. In hawaii, mothers used to give kava to their hyper active kids.
I agree with Henry. IMO i think you could indulge responsibly with no problems.

"Wake up Maggie I think I got something to say to you
It's late September and I really should be back at school"

Sorry, Rod Steward came to mind when I saw this thread...
Dude I'm younger than you and I drink kava. People in the pacific drink this stuff in utero, so I wouldn't be concerned.
Thanks, guys! :D I just wanted to make sure, and I'm excited to see what Kava has to offer for me.
(@wanderwoodsmith, that was one of my favourite songs when I was little. :joyful:)