What's new

Hey I’m new here also very interested in opening a kava bar but mainly starting a food truck idea to get started

Luna_Nox_

Hello everyone,

Bula!

I am very interested in eventually opening a kava bar however in the mean time I’m trying to get ideas on how to start educating people in the area about kava as the place in Oregon where we moved is new to it and to help gather potential customers!

we are close by a college campus and figured it would be a good starting point, as they do festivals and markets for vendors on saturdays here.

Can anyone help with some insight if you have started this way, or what the best way is to start?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello everyone,

Bula!

I am very interested in eventually opening a kava bar however in the mean time I’m trying to get ideas on how to start educating people in the area about kava as the place in Oregon where we moved is new to it and to help gather potential customers!

we are close by a college campus and figured it would be a good starting point, as they do festivals and markets for vendors on saturdays here.

Can anyone help with some insight if you have started this way, or what the best way is to start?
Hit up your local farmers markets and other "market" styles where you can purchase a vendor booth or spot. Get your word out through those.

I've seen more than one person start here to gather an appreciable customer base to start with.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Before anything, I would make sure you, yourself is fully educated on kava. Look at the science, learn the important stuff, be prepared. Most importantly (imo) have drank as many kavas as there are out there so you have a well rounded idea of what all the different strains are like. learn the nuances of kava.

Become an expert!

Then go out and educate on that level.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Before anything, I would make sure you, yourself is fully educated on kava. Look at the science, learn the important stuff, be prepared. Most importantly (imo) have drank as many kavas as there are out there so you have a well rounded idea of what all the different strains are like. learn the nuances of kava.

Become an expert!

Then go out and educate on that level.
That's true, because any new person you introduce to kave will have all kinds of pressing questions, as well as misconceptions that will need to be addressed