What's new

Hi!

TamMark

Kava Curious
So I've drank Yogi Kava Tea in the past, and just recently began again due to having bouts of anxiety and wanting to try an natural remedy for it. After doing some extensive research, I came upon this site and read up on how to make my own. Of course after I already ordered from BKH is when I decided to join the forum and came upon the $5 off coupon! Ugh. Oh well. I will use at another time provided I like what I've ordered. I ordered the Nangol Noble Kava. I see some people say it is more on the heady end for them, then others saying the heavy side. I'm personally hoping for a combo. of both. I will let you guys know how it works for me once I receive it. It looks like it should be in this week sometime. Fingers crossed!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I've drank Yogi Kava Tea in the past, and just recently began again due to having bouts of anxiety and wanting to try an natural remedy for it. After doing some extensive research, I came upon this site and read up on how to make my own. Of course after I already ordered from BKH is when I decided to join the forum and came upon the $5 off coupon! Ugh. Oh well. I will use at another time provided I like what I've ordered. I ordered the Nangol Noble Kava. I see some people say it is more on the heady end for them, then others saying the heavy side. I'm personally hoping for a combo. of both. I will let you guys know how it works for me once I receive it. It looks like it should be in this week sometime. Fingers crossed!
Welcome! Glad to have another kava lover on board. I think you'll discover kava's true power once you get the real stuff from BKH. If you liked yogi for anxiety relief, the full strength version is going to really open your eyes :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
the Nangol noble is excellent kava. It is also very strong kava.

Also, I think I should mention it is very strong kava.

And finally I would like to say, it is str..., oooh, already said that. Welcome to the forums.

PS it is strong kava. Real good kava. Also, kind of strong, maybe. Ymmv but it won't.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I'm new here too! Welcome to the forums. I have my first order from BKH on the way too! Bula! :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm getting a little nervous reading about this dermo that can sometimes occur when using Kava. Any advice/experience with this?
Dermo isn't something that's as prevalent as it has been in the past. It's something that could happen when consuming too much kava. I drink 40 grams of kava per night (traditionally prepped) and I've gone from having dermo continually due to not 100% noble kava, to not having it at all. If you're one that gets it, it's something that slowly builds up, so you have time to adjust your consumption habits before it hurts. I've been to into the crazy side of the dermapothy spectrum and it's not fun. If I WANTED to get back to that point I'm afraid I'd have to consume portions that would leave me basically comatose on the couch for days at a time. Clean kava will take a long long time to cause it. BKH is good, clean kava. Just keep an eye on the dryness of your skin.

Edit:
Note: We have observed that micronized kavas can cause symptoms of dermo at a faster rate.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm getting a little nervous reading about this dermo that can sometimes occur when using Kava.
Kava helps with nervousness. :)

Here's my quicky advice for dermo: drink lots of water, do your best to filter out large chunks (the fine silky sediment is ok, it's the little bits of lumber you want to avoid: professional nut milk bags work perfectly for this), and don't just drink nothing but lawena all the time when you are starting out. Also, don't be nervous, some people go through an unavoidable dermo when they start drinking kava, but typically it is not bad at all. Your skin feels dry, like in the dead of winter and a bit itchy for a few days. You might get chapped lips and possibly what looks like flaky skin on your arms from a mild sunburn. None of this is a problem. Use any lotion to ease it, or a medicated lotion like amlactin if it gets really bad, which it probably won't. And it will probably pass in a day or two or three. Whatever you do, don't be nervous. I'm ordering you. DON'T BE NERVOUS!!!!!!! Just kidding, you can be a little nervous if you prefer, but really the odds are you won't get it and if you do odds are it will pass quickly and be nothing. I drink kava all day every day and I haven't had dermo since march. I drink a lot of water and filtre very well, though.

Now, you could get dermo from ripping open bags of yogi tea and snorting it but I think that only happens if you snort like 10 bags worth or something. I wouldn't do that.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
What is the recommendation for a newby such as myself, as far as amount to take my first time using the Nangol Nobel?
1 TBS to one cup of water. I would do that for a week expecting nothing. Then the 2nd weeks I would have 2 TBS in 2 cups of water, expecting nothing. After that I would gradually increase by a tsp each day until I felt something. That would be your sweet spot.

But that's just me. You should and will get lots of completely different and completely excellent advice from excellent people.

Thing is with kava to find what works for you and what feels right. If it doesn't work, don't do it. If it does, get all over it like white on rice. IMHO, ymmv.

PS Nangol noble is strong. Just sayin'

Last edited:

TamMark

Kava Curious
One last question for the day, maybe...when you say strong. What exactly do you mean by that? A little goes a long way or tastes especially bad? lol.

D

Deleted User01

Well, hello there ...::ricky:: I mean, "Welcome to the Kava Forums". :LOL: I think strong means potent. Which means you should get effects. Good luck.