What's new

Hi!

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Well I just had a pretty cool experience. I decided to whip up a cup of kava and sit on my deck because it's beautiful out. As I was sitting there enjoying the feeling of the Kava going though my system, the most beautiful monarch butterfly landed on my hand. It stayed there for a good 5 minutes before flying to my knee for another minute or two. Than it circled me and landed on the table ai was sitting at. My mom passed away a few months ago. Found myself talking to the butterfly...pretty awesome experience.
Awwww what a beautiful experience. I'm so sorry about your mom. BIG HUGS! ::hugsmiley::

TamMark

Kava Curious
Hi all! Any suggestions on which kind I should try next? Also, I received a coupon from BKH when I registered, but I can't find it now. Does it go away unless you use it at that time?

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi all! Any suggestions on which kind I should try next?
More kava!

You're taking to it like a duck to water. From what I can tell you have the best and quickest and post positive response to kava I have ever seen.

What I recommend to people is ask kava a question, pick a certain thing you want kava to do for you, as long as it's in the repertoire of things we know kava can do. And then gear everything to that.

The unexpected beneficial side effects can be amazing. I don't know why, it's like the focus on the one thing allows more of the others to happen or something, it's paradoxical. Whereas if you go in with a shopping list of gimmes and you demand it all, EVERYTHING all at once and you better git it or you'll march off disapointed and once again disillusioned and let down by all the false promises of life, well, it won't be as much fun. The whole point of kava, to me, is focus. An adventure, discovery, being open to what can happen.

Yesterday I realized, e.g. that I haven't had leg cramps in the night since I started drinking kava. I used to think that was part of being old, yet another curse, I'd leap out of bed in the middle of the night in agony and have to stand and walk to get them to go away. They're gone and I didn't even notice till 8 months later.

Oh, I was answering a question you didn't ask. I'll try again: figure out if you prefer heady, heavy or balanced or if you are indifferent.

Also, it doesn't matter what kind you pick next, I got a feeling you're going to love it. Choose a nice name or a pretty package, you can't go wrong. Just don't angst over a decision. It's like in that classic song by Rebecca Black:

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein' everything, the time is goin'
Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Kickin' in the front seat
Sittin' in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

The truth is it doesn't matter, just get in the damn car.

Last edited:

TamMark

Kava Curious
I like a balance. And I like the day after affect even more so than when I'm drinking it. I was beginning to get to the point where my body stiffened up in the morning and I was getting slower to get out of bed. That's gone so far. The only negative thing, which ins't too too bad, is my jaw hurting the next day for a while. Has anyone experienced this?
I guess I'm so quick the affects because I was really in a dark place. And somehow I'm starting to feel like my old self, i.e., happy.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I like a balance. And I like the day after affect even more so than when I'm drinking it. I was beginning to get to the point where my body stiffened up in the morning and I was getting slower to get out of bed. That's gone so far. The only negative thing, which ins't too too bad, is my jaw hurting the next day for a while. Has anyone experienced this?
I guess I'm so quick the affects because I was really in a dark place. And somehow I'm starting to feel like my old self, i.e., happy.
For next day effects, and this stuff is truly the most amazing thing I have ever encountered in a kava, way beyond any other kava for this, has to be Dua Na Bilo, very affordable on Amazon and free ship with prime. It's a Fijian Waka, very balanced. And I find the next day effect lasts 3 or 4 hours of just feeling super awesome good.

And the night before, the krunk is warm and fuzzy and huggy and super mellow and peaceful and beautiful. The next day feel isn't krunk but something even more exquisite, and you can be quite active with it. e.g. if I'm playing tennis in the morning I usually have some kava first but if I had Dua Na Bilo the night before, that isn't necessary.

Here was my official review of it http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads...Type=SmartTagArticle&TagName=ProductReviewTag

TamMark

Kava Curious
::urock2::Thanks for the tip Krunkie! The only thing is I'm a little nervous about ordering over Amazon as opposed to one of the certified vendors here, as people have stated that it can be a bad strand or that two-day crap.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Dua Na Bilo is a KF vendor, check the lists here. They are around and can answer any of your questions.

I have bought lots of it and can vouch for its premium quality. Nice package, too!

Amazon can be awful or OK, it totally depends. You don't want to go in blind for sure, but if you are assured by people you cna trust then it's fine. Also, just because some reviewer on Amazon says a root is tudei doesn't mean it is true. If in doubt, you can send a sample to Deleted User here and he will tell you.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Knee jerk reaction - ordered some! Ut-oh...I'm in trouble...lol. I have prime plus I had $7.50 in points so I go it really cheap! I'll let you know how it goes.
tell me when you are about to shell and I will match you, exact same prep, quantity. I always have some of this stuff on hand. It's not always available so you can't count on just ordering it when you want it, so I stock up. It's a perfect Friday or Saturday night kava,and especially if you have good company to enjoy.

Hope you enjoy. I'm pretty sure you will. It's also the most feminine kava I've ever encountered. Not even sure what that means, but I feel it intensely. It's like drinking womanly love. I don't mean in a sexual sense, more a cosmic sense. It's like being hugged.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
@Krunkie McKrunkface ::happyshell::Dua Na Bilo arrived yesterday. So tonight I'd like to try it. Let me know what time you are starting, prep, etc.
I get off work at 5 est so by 5:30 I'll be prepping it. Cheers (although I am expecting some samoan in the mail today and it will be hard to resist, but I shall. IME Friday night is always the best night for Dua Na Bilo, so the portents are good). Oh, I'll be trad prepping a cup of root in 5 cups of water, and do 4 c water 2nd wash, 2 on the 3rd. Maybe not drink that all tonight, unless I get help.....