What's new

Hi!

TamMark

Kava Curious
Tried Dis last night. I did 2 tbs to 8 oz of water with not much affect. So right now I prepared a second wash with that and the other one and so far it's pretty good combo. Just drank it 10 minutes ago.

TamMark

Kava Curious
I think I lile the Nangol better than the Fijian Waka. The other made me tired. Like I said, things that should make me tired make me wired and visa visa. The sleep waa beautiful on the Waka but didnt feel much else. The Waka is definitely more palatable. Kinds of tastes like weed.

TamMark

Kava Curious
Tried the Waka again today using 3 Tbs of root with 10 oz water. I don't know if I over did it or what, but my anxiety is through the roof. Boo.

TamMark

Kava Curious
Ordered a Premium Kava Sampler Pack from Kalm with Kava that includes Loa Waka and Borongoru kava and 2 bottles of kalm with kava concentrate. Any advice/tips or suggestions?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Ordered a Premium Kava Sampler Pack from Kalm with Kava that includes Loa Waka and Borongoru kava and 2 bottles of kalm with kava concentrate. Any advice/tips or suggestions?
enjoy!

Some people find the concentrate is nicer with club soda or bubbly mineral water, although it's also very nice with just water and ice. I do know there's no point in having more than 2 TBS of concentrate to 8 oz liquid. You can't make it "stronger" You can make it weaker by having only 1 TBS but that's usually sort of pointless unless you are already way krunk and just want a tiny bit. Otherwise, just stick with the 2 TBS to 8 oz liquid.

Oh, if you got the free strainer bag with the sampler and plan to use it, before you do, turn it inside out and snip any loose threads first. Then turn it back outside in before using.

TamMark

Kava Curious
Loving the Loa Waka! Holy crap. Im beginning to think I wasn't using enough root. Today I used 4 Tbs to 6 oz of water and feeling good.

Last edited:

TamMark

Kava Curious
I wish I could convince my hubby to drink it. He was just diagnosed with Hashimoto and is afraid to drink it. Some beverages affect his stomach pretty bad. I know he'd enjoy a lot about it like I do. Bummer.

TamMark

Kava Curious
enjoy!

Some people find the concentrate is nicer with club soda or bubbly mineral water, although it's also very nice with just water and ice. I do know there's no point in having more than 2 TBS of concentrate to 8 oz liquid. You can't make it "stronger" You can make it weaker by having only 1 TBS but that's usually sort of pointless unless you are already way krunk and just want a tiny bit. Otherwise, just stick with the 2 TBS to 8 oz liquid.

Oh, if you got the free strainer bag with the sampler and plan to use it, before you do, turn it inside out and snip any loose threads first. Then turn it back outside in before using.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I wish I could convince my hubby to drink it. He was just diagnosed with Hashimoto and is afraid to drink it. Some beverages affect his stomach pretty bad. I know he'd enjoy a lot about it like I do. Bummer.
I'm sorry to hear that. Any thyroid problem is a real bugger, but Hashimoto is especially bad because usually it's fairly advanced before they discover it. As it is an auto-immune disorder, a little kava might help, but the problem is it would take several months of daily small doses before he noticed any improvement, most likely, and many people would give up before that point could be reached, which is understandable. A little now and then is probably more trouble than it's worth if he doesn't find it pleasant, since he likely wouldn't get anything beyond the immediate pleasure of drinking it.

Last edited:

TamMark

Kava Curious
He use to be a big drinker (beer), and stopped a year ago. Just recently started having a few on the weekends. Told him this is better, but after I complained about the taste, and others I introduced it to as well, he's really not touching it. Lol!

TamMark

Kava Curious
So far, I think I like Kalm with Kava blends, and the bag they provided works so much better than my stockings. :)

Last edited:

TamMark

Kava Curious
I've come to the conclusion that I like heavy kavas rather than heady. Can't sleep on the heady ones. And the bag, yeah, I'm needing something better. Any suggestions? I've had some accidents while using my bag I got with my sample. Very messy ones...