What's new

Hot face after drinking kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberLynn

Kava Curious
I finally found a kava that I absolutely love.. loa waka :D

Each time I drink kava though, even if it's a low dose or I don't feel much, my face gets really hot, is this normal? My husband has the same issue.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I finally found a kava that I absolutely love.. loa waka :D

Each time I drink kava though, even if it's a low dose or I don't feel much, my face gets really hot, is this normal? My husband has the same issue.
sounds like a very mild allergic reaction, maybe? But you are still just getting away from regularly drinking alcohol, if I recall and don't have you confused with someone else. That may be a factor. When I first started drinking kava I was still drinking alcohol and would get that hot face thing sometimes. Have not had it since I stopped drinking completely, which was just over a year ago..

But do look out for allergic reaction, anything that gets worse than that, like hives or rash, and especially ANY trouble in breathing. If anything like that happens stop drinking the kava till you can get it sorted out.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I feel it a little but recently that really lightened up for some reason and I'm someone with MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) and if I get the say the wrong breath of something at work I can also be feeling the hot face and varying level of inflammation inside depending on how bad it was. I usually feel it the most the next day if that does happen anymore, I'm going with krunkie and saying it was a mild allergic reaction. No alcohol here either.

AmberLynn

Kava Curious
Oh wow that's kind of bizarre my husband and I both get it. We haven't got any rashes or anything but we'll keep an eye out.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Oh wow that's kind of bizarre my husband and I both get it. We haven't got any rashes or anything but we'll keep an eye out.
I occasionally get warm (including face) after drinking kava. I have also on occasion gotten chills. This doesn't happen that often and is usually batch dependent.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I get extremely cold after drinking kava. Like, two jackets in the middle of summer cold. What you're experiencing may have something to do with your body acclimating to consuming kava. A flush reaction has also been observed in people who continue to consume alcohol and kava at the same time or too close together in duration, but it seems to be somewhat limited to people of non-pacific island descent.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I think this could be a mild allergic reaction. However, if you are taking any medication and/or other supplements, look up to see possible interactions. Kava is known to interact with tons of medications. One example is Adderal, which causes heat rashs when taken in conjunction with kava.

Bu-Laa Tribe

Kava Curious
According to the energetic s described by Traditional Chinese Medicine, kava is warming, like other pepper plant varieties. So, depending on your constitution and lifestyle, you could experience a heat reaction. I've felt a little warm afterwards, even at bedtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.