What's new

How do you prepare your Chief's Choice?

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
I just opened my first bag two days ago and it's pretty much just powder. I had to double check that it wasn't an instant type of kava. Of course, it is not, but even through the 80 micron Aluballs and then 75 micron strainer bag, this basically just disintegrates into a liquid, itself, with a lot of sediment. The taste is great and I love it for sleep. So, no problems there but just wondering if it's just me or is this the consistency of Cheif's Choice? The Waka is not this fine ground. So, it was a bit alarming. Anyway, good stuff.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
With a high quality Kava like this, please use traditional kneading! Knead extensively in warm water and add cool water for flavor/temperature. Prepare it at medium strength so you can enjoy the flavor and effects and extend the sessions! I have a precious 1 kg left of this. When I bought in bulk I could get a kg for around $110

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I just opened my first bag two days ago and it's pretty much just powder. I had to double check that it wasn't an instant type of kava. Of course, it is not, but even through the 80 micron Aluballs and then 75 micron strainer bag, this basically just disintegrates into a liquid, itself, with a lot of sediment. The taste is great and I love it for sleep. So, no problems there but just wondering if it's just me or is this the consistency of Cheif's Choice? The Waka is not this fine ground. So, it was a bit alarming. Anyway, good stuff.
Its been awhile since I've had this; but, yeah, I just kneaded it like any other kava in my Kavafied beginner's strainer bag; I had no problems. It was a great tasting kava with good potency. Only reason I haven't re-ordered it is that it seemed to make me feel a little edgy. I don't think I could have used it for sleep.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Its been awhile since I've had this; but, yeah, I just kneaded it like any other kava in my Kavafied beginner's strainer bag; I had no problems. It was a great tasting kava with good potency. Only reason I haven't re-ordered it is that it seemed to make me feel a little edgy. I don't think I could have used it for sleep.
Thanks. It’s very much like a powder but I have some prepped. I used it last night for sleep and it was wonderful. I just want to consume the least amount of waka possible. It seems to be linked to dryness with me, personally.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks. It’s very much like a powder but I have some prepped. I used it last night for sleep and it was wonderful. I just want to consume the least amount of waka possible. It seems to be linked to dryness with me, personally.
Yea, some super poten kava gives me more dry hands then others. I wonder if its related to the grind or the kava...

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Yea, some super poten kava gives me more dry hands then others. I wonder if its related to the grind or the kava...
Exactly. It's like and internal dryness. I can load lotion on every time I wash my hands and my palms still feel dry. This is only after certain kavas, not a daily thing. I do get dry eyes and slight itching of the eyes as well. Again, not daily (I am a daily kava drinker) but it seems to be linked to the grind for me. However, kava is complex so I really don't know if it's the specific kava or the grind. Either way, I may just stick with their waka and lawena if I find that Chief's Choice causes more dryness.