What's new

How is the current melo and nangol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
At bkh i see they have melo melo and nangol noble but not a whole lot of other choices. I see maybe 1 or 2 reviews on melo melo but they are a few months old and nangol noble is on a new batch I tried it once like 2 years ago and it was super heavy and strong. What are these like now and would you recommend them? Im looking for euphoric or peaceful anti anxiety kava.

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
At bkh i see they have melo melo and nangol noble but not a whole lot of other choices. I see maybe 1 or 2 reviews on melo melo but they are a few months old and nangol noble is on a new batch I tried it once like 2 years ago and it was super heavy and strong. What are these like now and would you recommend them? Im looking for euphoric or peaceful anti anxiety kava.
Not sure if BKH Melo Melo and KWK Melo Melo are generally the same, but I know KWK's has been very good to me. Really heady but at the same time it plops you down in your chair and gets you feeling heavy. Probably my favorite as of now, just waiting on some Pouni Ono to come in.
I wanna hear how the Nangol Noble is doing so i'm gonna follow this thread, that was the first Kava I ever tried a while back. I thought it was sold out right now, though? :(
Edit: Melo from KWK gave me the exact effects you're looking for, a real positive mood lift, and some great anxiety relief. It's certainly not as heavy as other strains, but it's still got that heavy effect. It's real interesting.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Damn i guess nangol is sold out. What's with the shortage lately at bkh? I wanna see some Kula, that original batch was so sweet.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The Melo is the same as it was a couple of months ago. Relaxing and a bit heavy, I like to mix it with just about everything when I have it. Nangol has been very consistent batch to batch, hoping more will be available soon.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Damn i guess nangol is sold out. What's with the shortage lately at bkh? I wanna see some Kula, that original batch was so sweet.
Kula is very nice kava, I liked that one. I thought it was too heady for me at first but I find it ok now. I've got just under a pound left.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Yo. Nangol is back in stock. Nice batch as well.

As an aside, we'll add the new coa info shortly.

As a second aside, sorry about the stock outs. There were some delays with farmers for various reasons, and we made a packaging method change that is still getting perfected. We've got Melo, Namba, Nangol, Taveuni, 11 Year, and Instant in stock now, so we're catching back up. Borogu should be available next week. Not sure about the Tongans, but they may show back up.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Yo. Nangol is back in stock. Nice batch as well.

As an aside, we'll add the new coa info shortly.

As a second aside, sorry about the stock outs. There were some delays with farmers for various reasons, and we made a packaging method change that is still getting perfected. We've got Melo, Namba, Nangol, Taveuni, 11 Year, and Instant in stock now, so we're catching back up. Borogu should be available next week. Not sure about the Tongans, but they may show back up.
Alright, time to bite the bullet and finally try Nambawan.

RjEmpire

I just finished some nangol and melo melo from bkh. It was very good, both of them. The melo melo got us kind of stupid a few times in particular. I had them about a month so pretty new stuff.

Last edited:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Sadly I'm broke right now and am one purchase away from getting the big points discount but i would love to hear about the brand new nangol when someone gets a chance to commune with it.

Charismah

I just finished some nangol and melo melo from bkh. It was very good, both of them. The melo melo got us kind of stupid a few times in particular. I had them about a month so pretty new stuff.
Melo was the first legit one I've tried, and It had me freaking ripped, I was soaring, totally unexpected. My wife had more than I and didn't get like me(she's 100 lbs). But I guess everyone is different.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I ordered a half lb of melo and mango. Would love to hear about the current nangol. Sounds like melo is great.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Just wanted to throw out there that I typically go for Nangol and Nambawan - but in my last order on whim I threw in a 1/2lb of the Taveuni (it subsequently got lost in the back of my pantry and made a re-appearance much to my delight last week). I really, really, like it. The taste is really good and has a great balanced effect. Maybe not quite as strong as the other two workhorses but plenty strong and a joy to drink. So if you are jonesing waiting on the other two to get back in stock I recommend trying the Taveuni. Good stuff.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Nambawan isn't for everybody. But if it's for you, it's really really really really for you.
Well, it might be for me. Interesting enough that I ended up going through almost my whole pound in 4 days...
Wish it wasn't already sold out again. That stuff must sell like hot cakes! (Come to think of it, I'm not sure that I see hot cakes for sale much...interesting colloquialism)

How does Nangol Noble compare? I got a little sample of it but have been leery of trying it since reviews have given me the impression that it is insanely heavy. The COA's suggest it has the same chemotype, though.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, it might be for me. Interesting enough that I ended up going through almost my whole pound in 4 days...
Wish it wasn't already sold out again. That stuff must sell like hot cakes! (Come to think of it, I'm not sure that I see hot cakes for sale much...interesting colloquialism)

How does Nangol Noble compare? I got a little sample of it but have been leery of trying it since reviews have given me the impression that it is insanely heavy. The COA's suggest it has the same chemotype, though.
BKH Nangol has a similar flavour to Nambawan but it is more heavy, less trippy. Nangol doesn't make a real substitute for Nambawan but I could see substituting for Nangol with Nambawan. I would not call Nangol insanely heavy, though. Also, based on things you've said before I honestly think you would like it on its own but not as a substitute for Nambawan. There is no substitute for Nambawan except maybe Forney's ceremonial grade.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Well, you might have already received your Nangol order; but I'll give my two cents. I bought a sample of Nangol Noble with my order of Nambawan. I've never had it before so I can't compare it to previous batches; but speaking in general: damn, this stuff is potent. At a good 6 tablespoons (in 2 washes) it was starting to put me cross-eyed. At 9 tablespoons, it made me scared of losing my balance. I figured I'd end up finishing my sample pack tonight; but nope, I'm not gonna push any further than the 9 tablespoons I've consumed. Plenty doped for the night, and I don't particularly enjoy falling on my face. In short, in general, it is quite potent, though I don't know how it compares to previous batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.