What's new

Kava Physiology How long do y'all wait between finishing your kava and eating?

RevRad

Kava Curious
To try to prevent too much kava from being absorbed by the food of course.

Personally I try to wait 20-30 minutes but since I haven't eaten for several hours before, often times I'll eat 10-15 after my last bit of kava.

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Personally I try to wait 20-30 minutes but since I haven't eaten for several hours before, often times I'll eat 10-15 after my last bit of kava.
Depends. If you want to try kicking up the kava then meals with some fat or spice can potentiate the headiness. Meals with lots of carbs/starch tend to absorb and downgrade the kava experience. For me cheese or other dairy fat can really kick it up a bit while satisfying my hunger. I also find fruit to be pretty neutral - and great at getting rid of kava taste and that mucus that can coat your throat/tongue from kava and is a bit more couth than a spit trough.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

I never eat anything after kava, I drink in the evening, drink as much water as I can manage before bed and then sleep.

While I've been away I've been eating breakfast about 9 or 10, latest 11 and then dinner around 4 or 5. Then wait 3 to 3.5 hours and drink my kava.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
I've found that if I have a meal after I have kava, the next day my stomach troubles aren't nearly as problematic. So... maybe 30 minutes after my last shell I'll always have something.