What's new

Kava Poll How many tbsps per session?

How many tablespoons of root do you use per session?

Votes: 3 4.3%

Votes: 5 7.1%

Votes: 11 15.7%

Votes: 18 25.7%

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • 6-8

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • 8-10

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • 10+

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@nabanga I struggle to drink multiple shells without getting serious nausea but if I drink a couple of good strong ones about an hour apart I'm pretty happy for a good few hours.

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
... For me I find drinking multiple shells of weak kava gives my stomach more problems. If I drink 2 small shells of strong kava I'm better. Also I get a good rush from that then.
Maybe that's the issue I've been having. The strongest I drink is almost a half Aluball full of kava to 400ml of water. I find making kava is like washing dirty socks. You want to wash that root clean! Except, with kava you drink the wash water. :) My second wash is about 200ml of water, and really just washing what's left in the ball out.
So you must be getting the warm glow but not the rush?
Oh and Edward, you're totally correct! One tablespoon equals no rush. Even when followed by another. With Papa Kea, I've been having two tablespoons at the same time. I DO get a rush! I like this much better. Sorry for not answering your question sooner. That was a bit rude of me.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@dino9832 no problem at all! :)

Sounds like the Papa Kea really agrees with you then. I have certain kavas that I find sit better with me than others. I've been playing around with all different methods since I started and I definitely find 2 strong shells spaced well apart is about my limit. I don't mind that too much as I can get some really good effects. QKP instant with milk tonight and I've had a really nice night :)

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I use anywhere from 1 to 12 TBS per session, depending.
That's one hell of a range ! I usually have 2 tbsp before dinner and then 2 tbsp a couple hours after dinner, sometimes I might have 1-2 more tbsp just to set me over the edge. I'm very kavain sensitive so if I do much more than 6 tbsp I will be out of my gord with nervous energy. On average it's 4 tbsp in one evening total. Tonight before dinner I had 2 tbsp Hiwa, and now I just finished 2 more tbsps Dua Na Bilo. After the second wash I just don't think I need much more. BULA!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Is a fat source always necessary.
I never use a fat source. Just water. In the old days I used to use a little milk added to water, then switched to coconut milk, more for taste than effect, then ultimately finding that for me it made no difference at all, I just use water.

However I will make drinks out of my homemade instant kava powder using milk and a flavouring, like chocolate powder or a fruit syrup.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
That's one hell of a range ! I usually have 2 tbsp before dinner and then 2 tbsp a couple hours after dinner, sometimes I might have 1-2 more tbsp just to set me over the edge. I'm very kavain sensitive so if I do much more than 6 tbsp I will be out of my gord with nervous energy. On average it's 4 tbsp in one evening total. Tonight before dinner I had 2 tbsp Hiwa, and now I just finished 2 more tbsps Dua Na Bilo. After the second wash I just don't think I need much more. BULA!
Starting this morning I double balled 2TBS KWK Borogu with 2 TBS Samoan. 500 ml first wash and 300 ml on the second. Then midday I double balled 4TB Samoan, same water proportions. Tonight I double balled 6 TBS Samoan, same water proportions on the 1st and 2nd wash. This was a lot for me, but it was a day off work. And I will get 2 or 3 more washes out of that stuff combined for mongrel grog.