What's new

How much kava is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Greetings all, New to the forum been into Kava over ten years. Usually for me I start to gag and can't get it down if I've had too much. I did have one experience early in my kava journey when I was still doing the traditional dunking and straining. I actually hit the deck and couldn't move for probably 15 to 20 minutes. Wide awake and alert in my mind but total body paralysis . It wasn't painful but it wasn't fun being helpless either. Anyway I know where that line is and won't be crossing it again.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Whoa. I've never drank so much Kava that I was immobile. Maybe so sick that I was immobile, but not physically immobile.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
One feeling I get from too much Kava is a kind of general lightheadedness, like my blood pressure has just dropped dramatically. My skin gets numb and I feel nauseous. Luckily, it passes rather quickly

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I certainly do not recommend it, not certain it's possible as Yee's brightly colored little foil samplers do not appear available anymore . Oh how I miss the Purple Moi. If it's traditional I can chug a lot of it and that's what I did. Now I have 3 shells and wait. Honestly though Imo the lowest possible dose you can feel yields the most enjoyable effect. The effects I like the most are social , euphoric , and creative energy. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated . As of now I am mainly a Real Kava guy. Special Reserve is my go to but the Fiji is nice for a change of pace. Still haven't found anything close to Yee's Purple Moi . I've tried other Moi's and they didn't measure up.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've definitley noticed what your saying about low doses being the best... I always find the first shell or two feels amazing and sometimes the third one ruins it
I have noticed this too, one shell for me is 2 cups, I do one and done, much better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.