What's new

How to identify kava dermo ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Does kava dermo take all shapes, sizes, colors, forms, etc ? Or is it usually a select few types ? If so, what are they ?
Could either of these be kava dermo :

Scabs that seem to come out nowhere
Scabs or wounds that take an unusual amount of time to heal

Or would either of the above be attributed to something else ?

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Usual dermo symptom is small silvery gray powder or flakes of dead skin cells like dandruff but softer, finer, silkier. And eye styes. If it gets bad you can get cracks in the skin and it can get painful.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I've wondered about my situation: I don't know that it's dermo or just kava-dehydrated skin: I have dusty feeling, wrinkled hands, new wrinkles on my face (that seem to lessen when I drink a little less), and my skin feels like I'm wearing a dried out faux leather body suit I found in my attic in TX. I love kava and drink it every day. If i weren't so terrified of the constant threat of insomnia, I would give my body a break. Before anyone asks, it doesn't seem to matter how much water I drink. On average I drink a crap ton and have for many years. High quality lotion helps some, but not enough.
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but since it was near the top... anyone dealing with anything similar to this? If so, besides taking breaks, have you found any solutions or daily regimens that might help?

(just saw this was in the RT section, so not sure if someone wants to relocate it?)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I've wondered about my situation: I don't know that it's dermo or just kava-dehydrated skin: I have dusty feeling, wrinkled hands, new wrinkles on my face (that seem to lessen when I drink a little less), and my skin feels like I'm wearing a dried out faux leather body suit I found in my attic in TX. I love kava and drink it every day. If i weren't so terrified of the constant threat of insomnia, I would give my body a break. Before anyone asks, it doesn't seem to matter how much water I drink. On average I drink a crap ton and have for many years. High quality lotion helps some, but not enough.
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but since it was near the top... anyone dealing with anything similar to this? If so, besides taking breaks, have you found any solutions or daily regimens that might help?

(just saw this was in the RT section, so not sure if someone wants to relocate it?)
what works for me is making sure I filtre out the hard, indigestible makas. I sip the grog through a bombilla to further filter out any hard makas.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Yea, actually I originally posted it in the Health & Wellness thread, as I did not know there was a Dermo Sub.
So I got a notification that it was "moved to the Dermo Sub".
Then I saw that it's actually in the RT Sub, and I wondered the same thing as you.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
what works for me is making sure I filtre out the hard, indigestible makas. I sip the grog through a bombilla to further filter out any hard makas.
Are you a Grinder Guy ?
If I have the time, I put my powder through a coffee grinder, and wondered if that helps things like what you just mentioned.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Are you a Grinder Guy ?
If I have the time, I put my powder through a coffee grinder, and wondered if that helps things like what you just mentioned.
If you decrease the size of the indigestible particles in makas, my guess is it would them be harder to filter them out. But this would be a good spot for an actual scientist to jump in with something more like knowledge. Mostly I make guessed