What's new

How you feel on Kava

Beanie

Kava Enthusiast
So... I was just wondering (as I will soon be trying my first wee sample of instant kava) what kind of feelings you all get on your kava, ie do you feel happy, relaxed, tired, etc. Im assuming that different types of kava have different effects :D

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Happy, relaxed, and tired pretty much nailed it. Those are the three feelings I get from kava. Some kavas will have more sedative effects where others (mainly Hawaiian) will have more happy/uplifting effects. I may be one of the few, but it doesn't matter what kind of kava it is, it always makes me tired. But after a long stressful day, it is a welcomed feeling.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
On a side note, did you vote? Just my own noseyness
Yes I was wondering that too. Unless, understandably, you may want to keep that info personal. Scotland is still a member of the UK. The Scottish leader quit, over the No vote. I am very interested in politics. Even other countries politics. So this whole Scottish Independence vote peaked my curiosity. US politics can get very ugly. Much love. Roaddog....

Kava makes me relax, and not want to do much. It turns me into a evening couch potato. Although that's what I use it for. my mind races a million miles an hour. I use Kava to slow all that down. Helps me not to think about US politics.;) Much love. Roaddog....

Beanie

Kava Enthusiast
Cool I like the sound of these feelings, taking kava for anxiety relief :) and Yep I did vote. I was a Yes. gutted we didnt get independence but that's way it goes. Im from Dundee and it was only us and Glasgow that got won their yes vote. Maybe my kava will help. Also an NHS worker so sometimes doesn't help my anxiety levels haha :)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Cool I like the sound of these feelings, taking kava for anxiety relief :) and Yep I did vote. I was a Yes. gutted we didnt get independence but that's way it goes. Im from Dundee and it was only us and Glasgow that got won their yes vote. Maybe my kava will help. Also an NHS worker so sometimes doesn't help my anxiety levels haha :)
Well then I'm sorry you did not win your independence. So the movie Brave Heart, will have to stand. Too sad. I was actually rooting on you. Hell I'm rooting on you right know, with a nice 6 scooper, of kava. Yes, Kava helps take the mind off of our stupid governments. We here have this thing called a do nothing Congress. Kava helps with that. Now if I could only get all of Congress to have a few shells of kava together. I think we could get it all worked out. But I'm going to need some help from the Turkey. Much love. Roaddog....

terkey 5.jpg

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
You feel Euphoria, your senses are heightened.
You will get what I call "Soft eyes"
Everything looks "softer" in a good way.
My Guatemalan friend actually help me with that term. Hes more "tribal" and thats what he came up with.

It feels very meditative, gentle, and connected.

I generally like to walk bare footed in the grass fields and "Listen" to nature.

Kava_newbie

Mi Kava, su Kava
I feel very carefree and don't worry. Kava makes me feel as if I am truly living and being in the now and in the moment. I can worry about the future and what could and may happen at any time... Kava makes me appreciate the little nuances and the small moments that life is and should be about....Kava definitely helps me relax and unwind. I like Kava

Waiting on my half pounnd of Boroguru and the new Kamakua I am eager to try @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. Can't wait!

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Aside from one experience with Solomon's, kava always relaxes me. Occasionally if I only have a bit, that's all it does, actually. Also--and I may be in the minority on this--it really doesn't make me too tired. Normally, it won't make me too sleepy until I'm ready to go to bed. Then, like flicking a switch, it helps me get to sleep and stay sleeping soundly, until morning (occasionally with wild dreams).

It's the best.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I get super giddy before I make it. Like on my way home to make nightly batch. I used to do the same thing with drugs and alcohol...uh oh.

I'm really amped up and giggly for first few hours then slide into mellow couch mode. All roots are not created equal though! I just got the Kukuakachoo or some shit from GHK and I just am laughing at everything. I laughed at that turkey picture for about 7 minutes before responding.

Everyone is different. Most commonly I would say some relaxation and euphoria. Followed by "go the F to bed now!"

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
I'm new, but Kava gives me the sense of relief in my whole body: feels like finally being able to sit/lie down after standing all day kind-of-feeling "awww".

I started out with Paradise Premium Fijian and when I drink a cup or two at night I melt into sleep and I can feel the pleasant cool/relaxed sensation into the next morning.

EDIT: So far it doesn't make me drowsy. In fact it seem to enhance my mental capacity, makes me feel like a logical vulcan. Although kava does not kill muscle pain, it does seem to relax my muscles enough to allow them to really rest.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
At the moment I feel heavy and loose. Relaxed, I can feel it traveling up my back and down to my feet. Then when the mojo really kicks in I have to sit back, take a deep breath and float in my chair before being hugged by gravity and pulled down into my chair.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
At the moment I feel heavy and loose. Relaxed, I can feel it traveling up my back and down to my feet. Then when the mojo really kicks in I have to sit back, take a deep breath and float in my chair before being hugged by gravity and pulled down into my chair.
now that's an interesting response. Much love. Roaddog....

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Well said Deleted User, Kava seems to break your give-a-shitter (sorry for the language). Kava reminds you that the little problem that is vexing you is not the end of the world.
Metaphorically, of course! There is no better toilet experience I can think of than shitting while krunk. The kavalactones are oily, giving the whole experience a nice flow to it, while the tingling euphoria engages one's rectum in a way that is better experienced than described.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Metaphorically, of course! There is no better toilet experience I can think of than shitting while krunk. The kavalactones are oily, giving the whole experience a nice flow to it, while the tingling euphoria engages one's rectum in a way that is better experienced than described.
Yes my wife claims the same thing. Much love. Roaddog....

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
I feel like I haven't seen you post lately, and this is your reemergence onto my radar: a detailed description of shitting. It's perfect.