What's new

I believe I found a solution to my Kava Allergy

Peanut

Kava Curious
Hello all
I have to share how I am able to drink kava till my heart is content despite previously being plagued by hives and more after every attempt to enjoy it for the longest time. I even put it down for quite a while because I decided I preferred a hangover to being itchy, red and swollen for a day or 2 every time I drank kava. I came back to kava for yet another go around because alcohol and I have had a very bad relationship as of late. I am very stubborn. Persistence and experimentation has finally paid off. Raw aloe has been the key for me. I eat some every morning regardless if I am drinking kava that day or not. If I am drinking kava I will have some more aloe after I am done enjoying my kava for the evening. I have since not had any ill effects other than dry skin and have been thoroughly enjoying kava over alcohol and hangovers.
::yay2::::yay2::::yay2::::KavaChug::

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That's excellent news. I'm sure lots of other people will benefit from this idea. Have you tried coconut oil too? I take some in capsule form every day and don't even get dry skin anymore.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Awesome, hives are a bitch.
Had them when I started allopurinol for gout.
It was miserable, but gout is even worse. So I started taking a quarter of my script for awhile until it went from hives to itchyness. Then upped it to half for a month. Then started to take full amount. Now Ive taken them for years now and tolerate them with no probs. And gout free for years now!!

So Im saying all that just wondering if your body just got use to the kava or if its the supplement is helping you. No need to experiment though to find out. Dont wish any hives for you. Just an out loud thought. And happy you can consume kava now!

Peanut

Kava Curious
This is impressive. Where did you get this raw aloe idea? Do you harvest your own or buy it somewhere?
I got the idea by scouring the internet to see if there was anything else that I was willing to try to prevent the reaction. I came across a forum where someone claimed they could eat what they were allergic to as long as they ate raw aloe. Figured it was harmless to try it out. Worst that would happen is I would be miserable for a couple of days if it didn't work. My aloe plants are not mature enough so I buy a leaf from the store for $2 and lasts about a week. I cut a piece off, cut out the snot and eat it. Aloe juice from the store did not work. Only the raw aloe. So far so good.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I'll have to give that a try, I just got the dermo on top of my hands and no other reactions but anything to help curb that. Shea butter may be fine in the summer but when Winter comes and my skin gets more of a beating than usual + kava it's not the best combination.