What's new

Kava Blend Review Ikaika Kava

Happy G

Kava Curious
This is the first time I tried micronized lava and the first time trying this 3 blend , first thing I noticed is the awesome golden bag of joy I opened it to an amazingly fresh aroma , the powder was like beautiful dust from heaven :) I tried it and was surprised how amazingly smooth this stuff was for me I could sip this and be fine so smooth so good . I noticed some numbing of the mouth immediately then in about ten minutes I was hit with waves of happiness overtaking my whole body and filling it with joy , I don’t know what it is but this blend is something special it really is everything you could want in a kava because I feel like it encompasses it all it was quite heady with great muscle relaxation and it was heavy too it felt like a full spectrum experiance of pure bliss. I’m not gonna lie this might be my favorite kava now . Just hit me in all the right spots . This stuff will have you walking on clouds my friend ! Amazing product I can’t say anything bad about it I feel like it has everything I want in a kava and more .
Thanks Chris
Bula

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
This is a great review of a great kava. I made this blend so that it would be just like you described, I wanted to offer my customers a heavy/heady balanced kava. It looks like I got the right blend. Thanks for the review. Also I noticed you folks now know one of my secrets in processing my micronized kava. I actually live less than 10 miles (by plane or bird) from the Puu O'o lava vent, and I use the lava to help in the micronizing process.
So enjoy the "Lava Kava". That sounds like a cool name for my next blend of kava. :hungry:
Aloha.

Chris

AZcat

Kava Drinker
3 and a half tablespoons seems like an awful large amount for Micronized Kava, I normally use 2 heaped Teaspoons per shell ( in about 1 cup of water )
but I usually drink at least 2 shells so that probably equates to 2 Tablespoons. This sounds like very nice stuff and I will most likely be ordering some.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
My batch was on the heavier side, it has a nice mental buzz to it though. My body got relaxed much quicker than it usually does, I'm pretty seat locked right now. I'll be drinking more tomorrow to form a full opinion because I'll probably get more out of it the second time around like usual but it's definitely strong, relaxing stuff that doesn't offer just that.

Update: Stronger experience and this one really gives a deep body and mind relaxation but it doesn't give that whole body numbing heady euphoria (though I do get a little here but it's short lived). Body feels like tired jelly. Like the person below said this one really lowers your inhibition throughout the whole experience. This is probably the most anxiety killing kava I ever had. It's a little calm for my tastes but it's definitely a great buy if that's your thing.

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
The medium grind of this cultivar was similar. The only time I’ve gone through a pound of kava in three days. It’s just too good. Zero impulse control with this one so I haven’t bought it again since which is unfortunate. Maybe for my birthday. :)

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
3 and a half tablespoons seems like an awful large amount for Micronized Kava, I normally use 2 heaped Teaspoons per shell ( in about 1 cup of water )
but I usually drink at least 2 shells so that probably equates to 2 Tablespoons. This sounds like very nice stuff and I will most likely be ordering some.
I would always overdo micronized... 1 TBS per shell, about 8 shells in a session. I loved not having to prep it but the stomach issues eventually catch up.

Loremonk327

The Lore Monk
Just got this strain and tried it for the first time today, holy smokes! I don't have a ton of experience with kava, and this is my first time trying GHK's stuff and I could instantly tell the difference between this one and others I've tried, the quality is excellent. 2 tablespoons in lukewarm water (no need to strain, yay!) and I'm in a good place. Thanks to GHK for such an excellent (and strong!) product!