What's new

I'm kinda new to modern Kava Kava, and am looking for a more potent strain of the plant.

I'm currently using a product from gaia Herbs which is Kava Kava Ropt Extract which contains 75mg+ of Kavalactones per capsule and it works alright, but is nowhere near as effective as the Kava I remember (vaguely) from my younger days when I got Kava Kava Root Extract from GNC that came in black opaque capsules. So I am writing my first post on here to see if there is any consensus as to if there are any more effective brands (capsules) which have verified strains. I think what I may be looking for is sort of like Chris Allen's, of gourmethawaiiankava.com, description of Papa Ele Ele.

I am not opposed to the taste of kava, but I do prefer to just take the capsules at night before bed. Perhaps instant Kava or a sublingual extract may be a solution, if I can't find a brand or strain more suitable to my needs. Thanks for having this forum.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm currently using a product from gaia Herbs which is Kava Kava Ropt Extract which contains 75mg+ of Kavalactones per capsule and it works alright, but is nowhere near as effective as the Kava I remember (vaguely) from my younger days when I got Kava Kava Root Extract from GNC that came in black opaque capsules. So I am writing my first post on here to see if there is any consensus as to if there are any more effective brands (capsules) which have verified strains. I think what I may be looking for is sort of like Chris Allen's, of gourmethawaiiankava.com, description of Papa Ele Ele.

I am not opposed to the taste of kava, but I do prefer to just take the capsules at night before bed. Perhaps instant Kava or a sublingual extract may be a solution, if I can't find a brand or strain more suitable to my needs. Thanks for having this forum.
what are your needs?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Welcome, and thanks for coming and being a part of it.

I was like you when I started dabbling in kava. Actually if I had to recommend any type of non-traditional kava, gaia herbs phytocaps are about as good as you can get, but you don't get to know the strain officially. We suspect borogu if my memory serves me. Expensive, but effective for what you're using them for.

I do have a suggestion. You should get some medium grind kava like mahakea (GHK), or borongoru (Kalm with Kava), or Nambawan (Bula Kava) a strainer (any will do, but I really love Bula Kava House's strainers), and knead out a bowl of proper strength kava and drink it about 2 hours before bed. Do this for 4 days in a row and see what you feel.