What's new

In these trying political times...a reminder

D

Deleted User01

Mr.Gorbachev tear down this thread!
You know Kapm has already let this thread run amok. Another situation where everyone is right but there can be no outright winner. F*CK is an offensive word but everyone uses it and shows it in public. I think @Kavasseur agrees that he won't use it in public again since some find it offensive. Fair enough. But what if he uses the word FRIG? Or even FROG. See? It never ends.
Oh oh!! :eek: I feel like singing again. :rolleyes:
All we are saying, is give Peace (Trump/Raul Castro/ etc. ) a chance.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
That's right, @Deleted User01 . I will refrain from such speech/text on shirts in the future out of respect to the feedback given here. That isn't a violation of my free speech since I am doing it out of respect for those who want to enjoy my videos without political interference or "bad language." Speaking of which, I often say "sh&$" on my videos - is that unacceptable? Hmmm. I don't want to get too cautious, now!

Just to clarify an earlier point that @KrunkMunster made: I never boasted about starting these forums! I didn't start these forums. I think we can all be grateful that I didn't start them as they would have totally failed. What I said was that I started the Kava Lounge, terribly mismanaged it, and was then elated when @Kapmcrunk started this wonderful place.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
That's right, @Deleted User01 . I will refrain from such speech/text on shirts in the future out of respect to the feedback given here. That isn't a violation of my free speech since I am doing it out of respect for those who want to enjoy my videos without political interference or "bad language." Speaking of which, I often say "sh&$" on my videos - is that unacceptable? Hmmm. I don't want to get too cautious, now!...
At least I know, when I see you wearing this shirt, you're just kidding around. :)
(Right??? :shifty:)
1.jpg

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
Just to clarify an earlier point that @KrunkMunster made: I never boasted about starting these forums! I didn't start these forums. I think we can all be grateful that I didn't start them as they would have totally failed. What I said was that I started the Kava Lounge, terribly mismanaged it, ands then elated when @Kapmcrunk started this wonderful place.
I stand corrected. The history and comments seemed to indicate that Kavasseur had started this forum, but I'm not completely family with the history.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I started the Kavasseur blog in 2010 (I actually thought it was earlier than that). About a year later, I opened a discussion site on Yuku that was fairly popular. But because I was bouncing around the Solomon Islands, Ghana, Ethiopia, and South Sudan I just couldn't manage it. There was a lot of Spam and the site itself didn't look that great. So Kava Forums emerged as a response for better management and quality. I love the Kava Forums! I just like to post here and discuss Kava with other people like any other user. The only debates and disagreements I get in are my own doing and my own opinions, not those of the Kava Forums.

violet

Do all things with love
Fellow Kavasseurs, as you may know, kavaforums.com exists to bring together those that love kava. In light of what is going on in the US, I understand that emotions may be charged, and political opinions may be the first thing on the tip of America's tongue. I just want to remind everyone that kavaforums is not the platform for political discussion. We respect your opinions and your stance on what's happening at home and around the world, but political debates are outside the scope of our forum here.

FYS

Shell Shocked
For those not in the know, copies of all the old Yuku posts are filed away here in the Kava Archives.
http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/old-kavalounge-yuku-forums.48/

Even though it's aged, it contains real nuggets of wisdom and information.
Is there a "best of the old forum" thread around here somewhere? It would be cool if links to some of the more popular/ helpful threads from there were compiled into a single thread here for easy viewing and reference. I've checked it out a couple of times but there is quite a bit of content there.