What's new

Increased tolerance for loud environments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
So my buddy took me out to dinner at this swanky new restaurant in town that has games, a live band and divine food. As usual I was going on about kava and how much it helps me. My friend pointed out that the loud environment didn’t seem to be bothering me. Usually I avoid loud and crowded places like the plague. My response was “oh yeah! You’re right.” Cue the awe and surprise. This opens so many more doors for me socially! I’m excited.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So my buddy took me out to dinner at this swanky new restaurant in town that has games, a live band and divine food. As usual I was going on about kava and how much it helps me. My friend pointed out that the loud environment didn’t seem to be bothering me. Usually I avoid loud and crowded places like the plague. My response was “oh yeah! You’re right.” Cue the awe and surprise. This opens so many more doors for me socially! I’m excited.
For me it's like the empty stomach thing or the not eating thing. I just ignore the rules and do what feels right. I love to drink kava and listen to music so loud it shakes the house, or hang out with groups of people or talk or listen or sing or play or runnin, jumping, and standing still. Whatever feels good and right seems to work fine.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I think the OP was refering more to his own anxiety about loud places rather than kavas preference for quiet. ! But I agree krunkie! Screw the empty stomach and all that just enjoy kava when you want it
Yep that’s right, the loudness gets to be too much for my nervous system and I get anxiety and other problems usually. But apparently not on kava which is very exciting.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks for not taking that offensively ! Haha I felt bad as I typed it like I hope I'm not pointing out this in a dickish way.
I found that's a sign of neuron over excitement . Like your serotonin and dopamine are exf3sivley sensitive so gaba stuff helps

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks for not taking that offensively ! Haha I felt bad as I typed it like I hope I'm not pointing out this in a dickish way.
I found that's a sign of neuron over excitement . Like your serotonin and dopamine are exf3sivley sensitive so gaba stuff helps
Oh no, I had a total brainfahrt there. Thanks for straightening me out. And being totally cool about it.

Shelly McKrunkface

Kava Curious
I do find my music tolerance (and noise tolerance) does shift with kava. In a good way.

But more than that I find that I can handle people chaos much better. As in it is not the noise but the fact that there are a bunch of people making that noise I have to be around for work or play or other things. Good but exhausting.

After a shell of kava I am much less likely to have a non-stop "squirrel" "squirrel over there" "another squirrel" experience.

Today I had a meal in a restaurant and it was unusually noisy / busy. I mean about twice the usual. I noted it but still enjoyed my meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.